Game Performance

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by n0psagames, Jan 19, 2017.

1. n0psagames

n0psagames Boxer

I really need help. I am stuck at making my game now. The preview on my pc works very smooth and as I would want it to run in device but every time I test it, it works very slow on device. Everything is like 3 times slower. I have only one atlas and I haven't scaled any objects in the game. I have removed all the unused content in the game. I tried to make scenes shorter etc but it works as slow. Only thing I have in my mind now is that my pc is very good so can it preview it faster than it really is? If so, how could I make the preview the real speed of the game.. I hope someone could help me with this.. Been trying to fix this for days now.

Thank you

2. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

what for a Game is it and what is your Backe Deletion Threshold ? Or your Sides Deletion Threshold ?

3. n0psagames

n0psagames Boxer

What do you mean with "What for" ? It's for android and ios if that's what you meant. I've been trying to play with back and sides deletion threshold but they have no effect on the game.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Are you testing on a real device or a device simulator?

5. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

what kind of of Game is it a Plattformer Jump and run or another game

6. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

how mutch atlases and more Infos

7. n0psagames

n0psagames Boxer

I tested it on two real android devices.. Older android 4.4.4 and newer 5.1.1. Both are as slow.

8. n0psagames

n0psagames Boxer

Like I said in my post. Only one atlas. I haven't scaled up or down any objects or anything in my game. I removed all the unused content aswell. Pictures aren't big. It's a game where you go up with a character which goes first to the right and when touches wall it turns to the left and at the left wall turns to right again etc.

9. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

How many objects are you placing onto one scene?
    Are you using extensive number of links between objects?
    Are you using Particles?
    Are you using Light Effects?

Forgive likes this.
  10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

First, if you are going to mess around a lot trying to optimize I strongly suggest keeping backups of your file incase you end up doing something you later want to reverse. You probably are already doing this but I always like to state it anyway.

Have you tried the "Remove Unused...." options in the Tools menu?

As a last resort you can email support@buildbox.com and we can look at your BBDOC to see where to focus efforts.

11. n0psagames

n0psagames Boxer

Hey I think I fixed this lol.. Check this out Andy .. Weird stuff. I believe that how it works now is how it will work in devices too but I will test it out after playing with world settings so I can make it faster again.. But what I did in the video was that I unplugged my other monitor and after that it started to work slower.. About the same speed that it works on devices I believe.. I am not a very good with computers so I have no idea how this is possible. Anyone knows haha?

volcank likes this.
  12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, sometimes dual monitors can cause weird issues... mix that with SD and HD displays and your getting real crazy. ;-)

We're still improving our HiDPI/Retina/MultiDisplay support. It's about 80% there in the current release. 2.3 and then 3.0 should bring about the last 20% and make it closer to being "bulletproof".

13. n0psagames

n0psagames Boxer

ok nice :) I'm happy we solved the problem. Thanks for helping me out everyone