Ad Priority List

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Machine Rises, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Does this act like mediation? If I have codes for each ad network and then add them to the priority list any of them could be used for ads? I'm wondering about this because when you select a network in any menu of the game you only get one network to highlight.

2. Machine Rises

Ok I see now that the priority list has only five options. So let's say that I choose an option in the menu editor and it's Chartboost which is not on the priority list. If Chartboost does not display an ad then it will defer to any of those five that are in the priority list?

3. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Page 52 Manual :)
    Banners/Interstitials Priority List

There is the ability within BuildboxTM to define a priority list – sometimes referred to as a waterfall. A waterfall is a list, in order, of ad networks. If the first network has no ads to display, the second is used, and if it has no ads, then the next is used, until you display an ad or reach the end of the list.

Currently, BuildboxTM supports a waterfall for some ad networks on Android and iOS platforms. Hence you can define a waterfall for banners and interstitials on:

•  Apple iOS App Store

•  Google Play Store

•  Amazon App Store

Not all networks can be used in waterfall at this time. Heyzap for example is not part of this list – though it is available for Google Play and Apple iOS App Store.

The ad network used is still determined by the individual screen settings settings. To use the waterfall you define here, just pick an ad network that is in your waterfall list. The ad network does NOT have to be the first network in that list.

Machine Rises likes this.
  4. Machine Rises

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  5. Machine Rises

Ok so I added in the codes for my ads in the priority list. I'm having a MAJOR issue. When I die five times instead of the interstitial popping up the game crashes upon pressing the replay button.

6. Machine Rises

@trygii any suggestions or ever had this issue?

7. Machine Rises

Ok I reinstalled Xcode 6.4 and that got rid of the 70 error messages. However the game still crashes when it's time for the first interstitial ad to pop up. Still crashes upon touching replay. Also freezes when I click out of the info page.

8. Machine Rises

I figured it out. It's the Facebook Banners/interstitials that are causing all crashes. Not sure why that's the case but I did many tests and narrowed it down to FB.

trygii likes this.
  9. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I tried with Chartboost and iAd and when I have both enabled it lags a lot on older devices. It seems the best would be something like Heyzap mediation which would make the decisions not on the device but on their server. I suppose a waterfall inside the game is just too much CPU to be used. I really would like to know what add service is best for a) ios and b) android that includes banner and interstitials. Chartboost seems to use the same ads now as they have used 4 or 5 month ago. I just don't think this gives any money and it almost seems that they have a very limited customer base.

11. Machine Rises

Yeah my publisher tried to integrate Heyzap mediation via Xcode but found it too difficult the way things are configured. I know next to nothing about Xcode so couldn't say what made it so difficult.