Applovin Ads Too Slow

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by volcank, Dec 21, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi I recently wanted to integrate Applovin ads into my game (No Heyzap) straight Applovin and realised it takes a few seconds before the ads appear on game area which almost destroys the gameplay. Like in my game which is a runner the ads appear after the game has begun and the character starts to run. So I had to integrate Admob into it which is perfect for gaming. The ad serves very fast and doesn't annoy the player. The same thing also happened in Chartboost when I tested it last month. I wanted to show at the beggining of my gameplay before the game starts but it showed like after I clicked on start button and the player started to run a few scenes almost. Seems There is not a preload setting in Buildbox for these Ad services or maybe something wrong with SDK because I can not use them.

Is it possible to update the SDK or settings inside Buildbox to be able to use these ads fast.

Thank You! Btw it is not my device we tested on some of my friends' devices also. I am talking for Android btw not for IOS.

Thank You.

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

@volcank
    Showing an ad when pressing start is not a good idea, they will always ruin game play. ads should only be seen on game over UI, or when a menu UI loads.
    Don't have ads on world UI. Maybe a banner ad if it doesn't disturb play.
    And yes chartboost is slow to load, never had a problem with applovin or admob.
    But avoid ads on game UI.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi actually I don't show ad when press start. I had tested only one time to show chartboost in start screen but then I threw it out of the window. I show ads after 4 deaths. and each death takes the player to a gameover screen which is like a main screen to restart the game axtually. so it shows right after the player looses life the 4th time. but i realised applovin reacted slow to this so when I press start it didnt show applovin still and then showes when tha game started. actually it was supposed to show right when the player looses a life. anywayys will use admob for now. thanks for the feedback.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  4. playsgames6666

Thats weird, I've never had that problem with applovin, only chartboost and revmob,
    Though if you have a slowish internet connection that would cause ads to display late.

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes maybe my phone is too full and reacts slowly that must be one reason for applovin. but for chartboost i am sure it is slow because i tested that in my friend's device also he told me "you are showing ad in the middle of the game" which actually was a delayed chartboost ad. btw which one do you think is better admob, chartboost or applovin. up to now admob seems to perform much better than chartboost but not sure with applovin. but still i hear good things about it and not just rely on admob only.

6. playsgames6666

admob is probably the best for sure, and Applovin does ok for me, have noticed with the new Applovin SDK, they are better than before.

volcank likes this.
  7. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

Hi there, make sure to make the latest SDK of Applovin. And sometimes the video ads loading has nothing to do with the ad company, in major part depends on the device "RAM" so to say...

volcank and playsgames6666 like this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok I will definetly check the latest sdk
    btw I copy and paste my publisher id inside buildbox ans thats it, I don't.use heyzap so.how do I use the latest sdk btw? thank you

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you. I also asked this another.quote but still, how do I use the latest sdk of applovin? I use applovin straight through buildbox export and build with eclipes.and xcode.for both ios and android.

10. playsgames6666

the SDK's should be up to date with bb 2.2.8, as far as i know.

volcank likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok thank you!!!

playsgames6666 likes this.
  12. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

I am experiencing some sort of delay as well with SDK 10 but not when ads appear, when ads are close. There is a delay of 10 seconds or more until ads is closed and user gets back in the game. Basic the ads closes and screen stays black for that long before going back in the game. having this issue on android, on ios works great.

I have enough ram, processor power to run the game, so these are not an issue.

Anyone experiencing this as well, after closing the ads?

Regards,
    C

volcank likes this.
  13. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Boxer

Yes, we're having the same issue! On top of that the AdMob-Banner ist not showing anymore. According to the Mediation Test Suit, the ADMob SDK is missing. It works when replacing the Hezapp SDK integrated in BB with the one provided by Heyzapp but then the banner dissappears once an interstitial or rewarded videos is shown. Anyone experiecing the same? And if anybody knows how to solve the problem, your help would be very much appreciated!

14. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Must be an sdk 10 issue for android, on ios there is no delay after closing. Re AdMob what I did is removing all networks from BB > Advertising tab and have there heyzapp link only. I added after the AdMob SDK in eclipse in libs there. Showing static and video interstitial. No Banners or small banner thought. Personally not interested in small ones.

15. shadi3900

shadi3900 Boxer

I got the problme that when I open my game, the banner ads from admob takes a while to show up. And when im in the game and turn on the network the ads dont show up. Can somebody help me please. Thankes

volcank likes this.