[solved] Privacy Policy Warning From Google

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AppNasty, Dec 15, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So my my last 2 games keep saying that im using a feature that requires a privacy policy. [Says my game is collecting data from users] Dunno what changed to make it say that but now Google demands one before jan 30th.
    Ive googled basic privacy policy templates to edit. Will end up uploading it to my .com. But why all of a sudden are my newly submitted games demanding a privacy policy? did something change in buildbox?
    All was made with BB 2.2.6.
    Heres email

"Hello Google Play Developer,

Our records show that your app, Don't Jaywalk!, with package name com.ohg.jaywalk, currently violates our User Data policy regarding Personal and Sensitive Information.

Policy issue: Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. Your app requests sensitive permissions (e.g. camera, microphone, accounts, contacts, or phone) or user data, but does not include a valid privacy policy.

Action required: Include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's Store Listing page and within your app. You can find more information in our help center.

Alternatively, you may opt-out of this requirement by removing any requests for sensitive permissions or user data.

If you have additional apps in your catalog, please make sure they are compliant with our Prominent Disclosure requirements.

Please resolve this issue by January 30, 2017, or administrative action will be taken to limit the visibility of your app, up to and including removal from the Play Store. Thanks for helping us provide a clear and transparent experience for Google Play users.

Regards,

The Google Play Team"

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Delete permissions (minute 0:50):

3. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

So I have a stupid Question, LOL! I just got this email today on one of my games... My game has a "share" feature to the app store its in... so the app does access the phones contacts to share the game, but only if the user chooses too... So because of my share feature, does this classify as my app needs a Privacy Policy?

4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Soooo....what permissions do we delete? lol

5. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

OneHitGamer I have a question for you, I got this email today as well, yet I checked my Dev Account, and there is nothing about this in my Alerts... I find that odd, that I would get an email about it, but yet nothing in my Alerts about this issue... Do you have anything in your Google Dev account about this? My point, is if we fix the issue, how do we know its correct... When I had a similar issue with one of my games, I was notified in the Alerts section of our Dev account... once I fixed the issue by updating the APK of my game, the Alert was removed, in which I knew the issue was fixed... Kind of concerned that there is no mention of this in my Google Dev back office... :confused:o_O

AppNasty likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Me either. Just random email. When i went to upload APK file it did say i needed a policy. RIght after you upload APK or update to new version it shows it. But i dont get alerts on it either.

7. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

android.permission.INTERNET to access: Play Games, advertising,(required if you use google play and ADS)
    com.android.vending.BILLING to make purchases within the app (NO required if you not use purchases in APP)
    android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE to check internet (recommended)
    android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE to check access to internet for Wifi (recommended)
    android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION to display ads based on their country (NO required, NO recommended)
    android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to write APP in ExternalSD (required if you install APP in ExternalSD)
    android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE to read IMEI and telephone number (NO required, NO recommended)

@OneHitGamer, you need to remove the permission:

android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE

AppNasty likes this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Awesome sauce. Thanks bud.

9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Hmmm, when i remove READ PHONE STATE in eclipse, recompile, upload new apk and google still gives warning.
    Your APK is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)

10. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Do you save Androidmanifest in Eclipse?

11. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

How do you save it? Dont see a save button. All i did was click out of it on another file, Then exported.

UPDATE: Got it, X out of it and asks you to save. Now try again.....

12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok, worked. Google no longer giving warning. Now to update the rest.

13. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @OneHitGamer
    Also solution beside above mention is to have Link To Privacy Policy on your website explaining what you will do sensitive permissions.
    IF you have Privacy Policy on your website explaining this, you will have no issue regarding it.
    Example from Google Policy https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/?fg=1

jcalle likes this.
  14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok, so i removed READ PHONE STATE and saved source, then compiled and uploaded to google. Suddenly i get a new email for the same game warning that i must remove the permissions or make a privacy policy by jan 30th. SO removing READ PHONE STATE and the ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION permission did absolutely nothing.
    @jcalle

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  15. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

anyone?

16. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Could you tell us what Google puts in the mail?

17. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

[Occasionally in Dev store ill get alert, it specifically states android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE is the issue]
    Hello Google Play Developer,

Our records show that your app, Dungeon King, with package name com.ohg.king, currently violates our User Data policy regarding Personal and Sensitive Information.

[​IMG]
    Policy issue: Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. Your app requests sensitive permissions (e.g. camera, microphone, accounts, contacts, or phone) or user data, but does not include a valid privacy policy.

Action required: Include a link to a valid privacy policy on your app's Store Listing page and within your app. You can find more information in our help center.

Alternatively, you may opt-out of this requirement by removing any requests for sensitive permissions or user data.

If you have additional apps in your catalog, please make sure they are compliant with our Prominent Disclosure requirements.

Please resolve this issue by January 30, 2017, or administrative action will be taken to limit the visibility of your app, up to and including removal from the Play Store. Thanks for helping us provide a clear and transparent experience for Google Play users.

Regards,

The Google Play Team

18. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

That form is only for apps that have been rejected. suspended etc. wont help me.

20. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Wait, i wonder....if i remove SHARE button from my games....if it would work.....i didnt even think about share feature accessing contacts lol. i bet thats why it keeps telling me i need policy even after removing phone_ permission.