Cmy[k] - Which Way To Go?

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Astro Games, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Hello World!

Let me introduce my first mobile game ever:

[​IMG]

What you read is what you get. Or what you see is what you get. Or?
    Find the way in the color triade world.

cmy[k] - iOS - Download on the AppStore
    cmy[k] - Android - Get it on Google Play
    The general idea came to my head when I was inspired by colored messages I've found on the Internet: this word is red and this one is blue... it was trying to fool my brain so I thought: let's play with it! :)

I'm working on a huge update now but sharing this "easy" levels right away to know your opinions and check how does it all work. Any feedback, suggestions, ratings, likes, shares, questions much appreciated.

Big respect for @Buildbox team for delivering such a great tool! I've spent a lot of time on reading and watching tutorials, forum, blogs etc. inspired by a friend who was playing with the trial version, I did some tests with her to develop a game from idea to final product, finally registered for a trial by myself and here it is :) Give it a try!

Phoebe and Taimoor Javaid like this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Congrats on getting your first game out. It always feels awesome!

Regarding the game... well... it basically is a mode from Color Switch. And there was another game (I can't remember the name) which was exactly the same gameplay and it crushed the top 50 as well. There is a template being sold somewhere. So to be honest, there is not much new to it. It also feels somehow wrong to see CMYK in a game which rather should use RGB or HSB, don't you think?

Otherwise I think it's awesome how you implemented the different symbols used in printing and the game looks very polished too. Congrats again. :D

3. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Thanks @Christoph for your feedback. You know the feeling :)

Well, in fact I was thinking how to make flappy-like game usable, how to improve players brain, to make him learn something, not just tap.
    I've seen Color Switch just after I've finished design and prototype and didn't really think about the similarity in that moment. That thought came later when I saw zillions of CS clones, I think because of the black background and pure colors they all look the same. I'm really interested in that game you've pointed, just to have a look. I'm quite new to all of this, maybe there are many games like this, I don't know.

I've decided to use CMYK palette because of outstanding colors, especially on the black background and printing symbols fit there naturally. I think there is not so many people who know what the CMYK really is and what's the difference between RGB so I'm not worrying about it :)

Thanks for congrats ;)

Christoph likes this.
  4. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

Now available at Amazon
    Enjoy! :rolleyes:

5. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Tooo Much Ads.. Do not do this never. it will annoy people and they will delete your game, same as I did, I was playing and every 2 second in the game ads appear and I click on, this will ruin your game. Fix this

So tough, and well very different gameplay, unique one. Good luck.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  6. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

7. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

That's feedback I'm waiting for. What system did you use? I put different ad setups for different platform (iOS / Android) to test.
    Yes, it is at the beginning :) You can't see it on preview video but it's really challenging.
    Thanx! One word (like that) is worth a thousand of pictures... or something like that ;)

8. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Astro Games I used Android. Put ads after 4 or 5 times player dies. and banner ones. This is very appropriate and does not annoy user that much

9. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Well, its a little bit similar to Flappy Color. It is very addictive and actually i liked it BUT THERE ARE TOOOO MUCH ADS!

10. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Make sure ads will show up every 4 deaths banner always. :D

11. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I'm working on update so will keep this in mind. Thanks guys! I'll tweak it as soon as I can.
    I'm not sure what do you mean by changing banners? There is a banner at the bottom with ratio 1, maybe network is changing it to often? I've only tested in on test mode so don't know how does it look like right now. Can you give me some more details?

@Nihat This is my first time I see this game and you are right, it is similar but my game is additionally trying to fool players brain :eek: I'm glad you like it :)

Nihat likes this.
  12. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Astro we are saying that banner is fine. just increase the interval of deaths between each ad. like after 5 times.

13. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

OK, got it.
    New build is just released for iOS, less ads at all :)

[​IMG]

Android coming sooooon...

14. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

15. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Much Better now..!

16. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Cooll!! go with a publish , it's better contact Umbrella/Nanovation/appsolute games if you don't have a huuge fan base. They will get featured and you have no lost time for nothing. better go with publisher thann alone.

17. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

@Jaky1 thanx! I really appreciate your feedback :)
    @Arsmen Studio I've contacted few more publishers and even got some feedback but, for now, looking forward.

I've got many messages from around communities and social nets and comparing that to my stats analysis all it give me the picture that it must be something not perfect with my artwork on game page because many people land on that page but only a part of them install the game. Maybe the message, name, description, screenshots, icon or even gameplay video are not properly targeted. I need to re-work this and check again. The stats give me unexpected scores to think about too. People who played really enjoy it but it's really hard to show the experience during playing the game. How to convince potential players to give it a try... this is a question?

Give it a try people! If you got addicted I will give you contacts to the best treatment for mobile games addiction ever ;)

Anyway, I'm working on the update to change a lot, I want to polish that game as much as possible :)

Mahes KC likes this.
  18. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

1st video review of cmy[k] done by starting YouTube'er :)
    He really enjoys the game!

Mahes KC likes this.
  19. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I've just updated ASO for this game, I know ASO is dead but should be done properly anyway.
    One part of this is new icon, I hope it will leverage installs :rolleyes:
    Now it shows a part of gameplay, it's more than just the title. I'm still learning...
    The name has also changed, it's in the review process.

[​IMG]

playsgames6666 likes this.
  20. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

One suggestion, the name 'Color Flappy Ball One-Tap Game' is ridiculous. Its too much, try going for a smaller name, like "Color Pass"