I Want All Components To Change Scene To Scene?

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by vscully, Dec 1, 2016.

1. vscully

vscully Boxer

I've randomized the scenes but if I change my background in scene x it changes in scene y as well. I can't seem to figure out how to have all aspects change from scene to scene. for instance, in Color Switch if not only the character changed but the character as well as enemy, background, etc.

2. vscully

vscully Boxer

My goal is to change background, character, enemy and all other objects in every scene. Do I need multiple worlds?

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

If you think that you can make all color switch features then you are mistaken however the solution for your problem is to drag the background as object and set it as decoration. stretch it to fit the scene.

vscully likes this.
  4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I am not sure what your game is about so I am asking are using checkpoints between scene I you are using one character then you can change the character by applying action replace character and you can decorate each scene with what you want.

vscully likes this.
  5. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

You can also accomplish this through different worlds as well.

vscully likes this.
  6. vscully

vscully Boxer

And forgive me I am new to this. Will multiple worlds play seamlessly into each other?

7. vscully

vscully Boxer

I'm making a flappy game with simple shapes and basic colors. So what I'm attempting to accomplish is when my character passes through a portal (scene to scene?) the character will change shape and color, as will the enemies, background and platform.

8. steverha

steverha Boxer

Have an event observer in your UI that redirects your character to a world 2 once that character reaches the end of the world 1.In World 1, have a gatekeeper at the end of the scene where you want the new world to begin. When the character reaches the gatekeeper, have it bring up the UI that redirects the character to world 2 after 0 plays. I haven't tested this so I'm not if the character will instantly begin the new world, or if there may be a little delay in between the worlds. If you need screen shots let me know.

vscully likes this.
  9. vscully

vscully Boxer

Yes, screen shots would be appreciated. Thank you. I couldn't randomize the order in which the worlds get played though, correct? also is there a limit of worlds?

10. steverha

steverha Boxer

No problem. No, you can still randomize them. Search the forums for world limits and randomized scenes, there are plenty of forums on it already.

Here's the screen shots though
    Just make sure to change plays before redirect to 0 instead of 1 under the redirect UI
    The menu jump is set to default but you can change it to start checkpoint if you use checkpoints
    Screenshot (242).png Screenshot (238).png Screenshot (241).png Screenshot (243).png

vscully likes this.
  11. vscully

vscully Boxer

Thank you!