Super Mini World

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by GTE Games, Nov 10, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Super Mini World

(Raw Video Updated)

Promo Codes
    1. HXWJ7ATR6TFK
    2. R4KA7W7Y7HPH
    3. E6TL9JFMXATF
    4. LFLY7KM9433N
    5. XXKPMTXN4TPE
    6. FPNLH4MRJ7MK
    7. JKXT73X76NW4
    8. Y7YYWXJT4JKP
    9. 3WLPJFJ7RTAE
    Looking forward to feedback... thanks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Reverbs, Nihat and idea_tunc like this.
  2. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

NICE CONCEPT!
    You need to polish the game. Choose new awesome colors!

3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Yes but dam, I've been playing around with the same exact thing, bugger!!!
    Looks awesome, have to agree a little with Arsmen, but i would only change the background color, and if you can maybe different background color on each level. I know it might be hard with you're different color characters, but otherwise looks great.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha me too. But we probably all are. The possibilities aren't as big as we sometimes think they are and the more we are using the software the more similar games will be out there. That's normal I guess. But not sure why, I have the feeling players are tired of simple arcade action games. It really is harder every day to survive out there.

Can't wait to see your release and play the game. It looks quiet nice and I have the feeling I will drop my own project. :D

5. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I really liked your concept and i also think that you need to polish your game.

6. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

ur game name Looks awesome

7. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider changing the colors, but sticking with these for now... pending more feedback and not wanting to reset the Apple approval process.

I had not seen anything similar to this style and thought it was neat. The mechanics are really fun to play.

If the game is well received, and seems it will, then I'll add whole worlds and lots more characters.

Beta version was just approved. Not sure if final version will get approved by COB today. If it does I'll post some promo codes.

On holiday/travel with the family at the moment, so time is limited. :)

Are you guys referring to the video, or the game? If the game, which parts? Mechanics, menus, design? If just the video, that was just something I threw together in 15 minutes last night and didn't render with full quality. The final game is sharp.

8. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Game assets.The games you make you make them hoping Apple feature them! In this state your game is only a previs and Apple will not feature it. You need do make everything "graphic" combined . In this state it's very low quality game. You can make it Better 1000% than this. An example is 99 moons by risinghigh take a look and Try to beat that game if your game beat that game "quality" than you will get featured. Wish you the best! :D @GTE Games

9. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Updated OP with promo codes. Thanks for the feedback. Will consider everything and think about possible changes.

10. playsgames6666

used this one,
    E9T4W3HALX79
    Cheers

11. playsgames6666

The game is great. i Love it.
    I just don't like the greenish background. Thats just me though.
    the UI animation is fantastic, game play great, Music- Not bad,
    Wish you all the best with it. Its a pretty sweet game.

12. playsgames6666

NO.
    And stop posting the same question every where, someone that knows how to do it will answer you, when they see it.

Nihat and Christoph like this.
  13. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

okay Srry

14. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Played with colors and decided to leave them as is for the time being, and here's why...

I've read an article that a large "casual gamer" demographic is women, particularly 25-40 and they typically have kids. They're into trendy designs. Minimalist is a current trendy style.

This describes my wife, she fits that demographic perfectly, and she's also a graphic designer with a degree in Visual Communication. Her initial reaction to my game (even though she's not a gamer of any sort) was that she loved the color palette and the minimalist design elements.

My plan is to target this demographic for this game.

She did say the colors were a bit more muted on my iPhone 4S than they were on the bright 4K monitor.

Will certainly keep the forum posted with numbers.

Saw that a few more people from the beta invite have installed the game, would love your feedback too. Thanks!

Nihat and Christoph like this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you leave the green I would change the blue. haha. They just don't go very well together. And the other thing I wanted to comment is that it really sucks that I need to start always from the beginning. You really should use checkpoints or randomize all scenes. I really like the game but when I have to start all over I will delete the game very fast. If it is always different or I can advance in the levels then I will come back AND unlock all characters. If not, not even the characters will make me come back. Ah, and I also think they are a little too expensive. Make them cheaper so I can unlock them all the time. At least one per session. Keep in mind that a session is probably 5-10 rounds. Crossy Roads has this figured out pretty well. Do it too. :D And last not least,... I would change the music or delete it completely. I really don't like it because it's too nervous. And life is already stressful enough. Gameplay is killer!!! :D

16. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Thanks Christoph... saw you installed the Beta invite and hoped you would have some input.

There is a flow to the level design, and the reason it starts from the beginning. I tried to incorporate the wave of emotion. Build, peak, come down... repeat... but each cycle getting harder and harder.

I agree with randomizing levels... As it is, each stage has two versions (shown randomly). So there is two versions of stage 1, and two versions of stage 2 and so on. I plan to add 2 more for each stage. But this helps with keeping the emotion wave previously mentioned. If I throw everything into a mixing bowl and randomize it, then a player might start with a crazy hard stage and die, that would be frustrating. Or they might get 10 easy in a row, followed by 10 hard. I wanted more control than that.

For scoring... With just a little practice, my kids for example, can clear at least 6 stages per life. There are 7-8 coins per stage. I designed the levels so that it's possible to grab every coin, if you can memorize the stages. :) If even you only get 5 per stage... times 6 stages... that's 30 per life. If you play 6 sessions, that's 180 coins. So, okay, maybe drop the price to 200. I'm really good :) and get about 50 per life, which means I could unlock a character every 4 lives.

I spent a crazy amount of time trying different music. I toyed with Sky style music, ambient background like Ball Jump and Crossy Roads, and fast paced. The fast paced made the most sense, as I wanted the game to be a little bit high energy. If I get any more feedback about the music being distracting or too busy, I'll probably change it for the next version.

As you know, there are tons of decisions to make when making a game. Hopefully I got enough of them right and the game is successful.

Sincerely, thanks again for taking the time to give some feedback!

17. playsgames6666

Whats the old saying. Blue and Green should never be seen. LOL
    I think a nice pastel purple would be nice.
    Or maybe a selection of pastel colors, maybe like 6, and set the playback speed really low to 0.01 or 0.001 then the background would change colors every few restarts, or if they last long enough in game lay the color change would help with sense of progression even more.
    The characters are not to expensive, i unlock one every four or five goes.
    Does it have checkpoints?
    Maybe a continue option would be good, buy with coins or watch a video.

GTE Games likes this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah. That's the bad thing when doing games all alone. I get sometimes crazy about the small decisions. Colors for example. I could spend days or weeks changing the color from one to another. Just some percentages. Lol. I did that for example with my upcoming game. Lost literally months of work in doing so. Not good for your health at all. :D I have learned to go over it much faster though in the meantime. The experience helps a lot. Still, sometimes it would be good to work in a team. Two or more brains are better in making decisions.

Dammit. That's the problem of beta testing. So much different opinions. Haha.

playsgames6666 and GTE Games like this.
  19. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

That is why I've decided not to change anything just yet. My gut says I got it right for my target audience.

The colors do look a little muted on mobile devices, compared to the monitor it was designed on. arggg. So you can expect small changes to the background colors. I like the pastel idea @playsgames6666

Yes. But scoring is based on points. As soon as a player hits a Next Checkpoint, there is a point action that gives them one point. If you Restart Checkpoint, the session points reset. So the users score would reset, but the actual game level would not. Going to play with it some more, but initial thought is that it wouldn't work.

*** EDIT ***
    Just did a quick test and this appears to work correctly for me. Hmmm. Might be changing it up a bit.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Christoph and playsgames6666 like this.
  20. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Playing with the pastel idea and tweaking the object colors.

Put a gradient on the world too.

Thoughts?

BG-2.png BG-4.png BG-1.png BG-5.png BG-3.png

Christoph likes this.