Admob 30 Day Suspension For "invalid Activity"

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jamong, Nov 6, 2016.

1. jamong

jamong Boxer

I was a big fan of Google and they didn't give any tips or warning before it happened. I let my friends try the game on my phone and I played sometimes and I guess that's what they call "invalid activity"? Seriously I am disappointed at Google and thinking about switching to other ads platform...Any suggestions?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you are using banners then facebook would be the one. But you can't fake clicks with any of the ad networks. That's just not how they work. Don't ever click on ads once your game is live. It's best to disable them completely. If you do it repeatedly that's what happens. They suspend your account. Or even worse, they ban you.

3. jamong

jamong Boxer

Thanks Christoph! what do you mean by fake clicks? if my game is live, i can't play my game? I mean sometimes I accidentally click on ads....So go with Facebook for banner, what about interstitial ads?

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

There are no accidents. At least not for Google. For interstitials I would set up Heyzap Mediation with Heyzap, Facebook, Unity and Vungle. But the same applies. There are no accidents.

Ah, and before I forget. The problem is you, not your friends. If Google sees your friends tapping on ads all the time then they just ban their devices and IPs so they won't generate any revenue anymore. But if they see the developer intentionally (or as you say: accidentally) click on ads, then it can be much worse than only a suspension. Actually, I think you were lucky.

5. jamong

jamong Boxer

I see.. I will be careful

6. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I set up a store with a no ads option for each of my games. That way I can have my game on my phone and my wife too without ads. I had Admob suspend me once too. I learned never even play the game with their ads live. Only in testing mode.

7. jamong

jamong Boxer

Thanks Bentforktech! Btw your game is cute :) So which ads platform you use now?

8. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

Thanks @jamong

I still use Admob but I added Facebook, Chartboost, and Applovin for all of it. Admob seems to do the best for me on all the apps.

9. jamong

jamong Boxer

Oh nice. Do Facebook and Chartboost work for you in Android? Or you only have IOS version?

10. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

Only iOS on that one.