Sticky Jump Game I'm Working On, Videos And Screenshots

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by comicsmathias, Nov 9, 2016.

1. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Hey.

Working on a game, what do you think about the graphics etc?
    Is there a chance to get something like this published through a publisher?

I've made 10 levels (in the same world) and a separate kid friendly endless world.

Thinking about adding some levels where you have to collect some coins to go to the next level etc.

Thanks. :)

Videos:

6lit.png 7lit.png 8lit.png 9lit.png 10lit.png 11lit.png

Danlespect, Member_Game and ramiucef like this.
  2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Love the sketched graphics as opposed to just flat. The pipe that's in the background I want to go down into and pop out somewhere else. I do get the visual metaphor of the things that are interactable(I made that word up) have a blue outline but still want to do something with that. Maybe it's just I'm used to that in Mario. Also the ghost that comes out of the pipe at first wasn't sure if that was an enemy character at first. I think both of those things need a larger differentiation between the foreground and what those are to more establish with the player what interacts with the player and what not.

comicsmathias, Christoph and Nihat like this.
  3. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

Thanks for constructive comment. :)

I was planning to use the pipe as a hidden passage later in the game, the decoration pipes have opacity 0,8 and when you can actually interact with the pipe it will have opacity 1.
    The decoration ghost. I don't know, it's the last thing I have added to the game. Don't you think players will understand that it's a decoration after seeing it a couple of times?

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

No worries. I do think after playing once the users will understand the background ghosts. On the pipes, it's a little awkward bouncing inside the pipe. Maybe you can have it as a portal and have a couple different pipes within the same screen space. so I can imagine 2/3 pipe that you can enter then a wall and an exit pipe after the wall that you can come out of. Maybe a bolt or some other type of symbol on the entry and exit pipes and a different symbol on thee others. Death if you enter the wrong ones. Been thinking of using this mechanic in a game but you can definitely use it.

5. superjack765

superjack765 Avid Boxer