Hit wall, rotate 180 degrees...

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Newee, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Newee

Newee Boxer

Hello, I'm back with another question. I've seen a game that someone built with BB, and my question to you all is, how would I possibly make a game where the character falls down if you don't tap, and if you tap, it flies to the right, and when you hit an obstacle, for example the right wall, the whole character and it's settings will change, so it flies to the left, you still have to tap for it to fly though. And when you eventually hit the left wall or an obstacle, it will do the same. Rotate the character and change its settings, and it will fly right.

I know it's hard to understand what I just wrote, but I would really appreciate if anyone got an answer to this.

2. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I can't answer all your questions, but I suspect that the wall that the character hits also has a transform logic item in same proximity, so that while it appears to hit the wall, it is hitting the transform item. To make a a right facing character or item look as though it has changed direction, put in the fields for "scale modifier" -1, 1 so that the right facing item now is left facing. If the item had a linear velocity set, then you would also choose "replace" for affected action and put opposite settings so e.g. -10 is now 10.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Logic is not working with the character. You will have to use gameplay actions but not sure with what kind of settings. :(

4. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

BuildBox 2.0? :)

5. Newee

Newee Boxer

Should I just wait until BuildBox 2.0 launches?

6. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

7. Newee

Newee Boxer

Oh, let's wish together then.

I'm sure what I asked is possible in the current version of BuildBox (v1.3.5). I've seen a game created in BuildBox that worked this way. I wish anyone else has any idea for how it possibly could work. For now, let's just wish and hope it's possible to use Logic on characters in BuildBox 2.0 :D

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think you are talking about Bouncy Bit Go! They used bounce settings if I'm not mistaken. Just play with the settings till you have something that works in your case.

9. Newee

Newee Boxer

Yes! That's it. Thank you, I'll try it out, if it doesn't work. I'll report back :)

10. Newee

Newee Boxer

Still no workerino. I've been trying for about half an hour changing settings hoping for it to work. Could you possibly test this yourself aswell, if you have the time. And report to me if you've figured it out. [​IMG]

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I don't have access to the software right now. So no, I can't. But take away completely the Air drag and the friction. Also, as said before, you will have to make little pieces of invisible actions on the walls that the character picks up. Try with the x-axis of the Jump Force. When hitting the right wall it must change to -10 and when hitting the left wall to +10. Also you will need a default y-axis jump value. I think it should work like that.

12. Newee

Newee Boxer

Excellent! I have another question though. I'm wondering how I make the character fall down, unless you tap. And when you tap, it goes the x-axis your character are set to, and until you hit the wall, it changes to for example +10 from -10. Easier explained: How would I make the character fall down unless you tap the screen to make it fly?

EDIT: Solved.

13. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

@Newee you can place a physics object under your character and connect character with it (invisible) and also place your logic on the wall and set it to effect physics object that it. ~Good luck

Taimoormalik8, thiendvm and netkomm like this.
  14. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

You can try use an action.
    i have been playing around a little with it.
    Create an action, set it to gameplay. then change the game direction. so if your game direction is 90 then in the action set it to -90.
    you will need to play with the duration a bit, or set another action to send it back in the other direction.
    I have not perfected it but got it work.

15. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Hello @Taimoor Javaid, I tried your solution, but it doesn't effect to the character, it only effects to the physics object, can you give example file if you have tested please?

Thanks