What Kind Of Advertising And Marketing Strategies??

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by volcank, Nov 7, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi everyone,

I just would like to know what kind of Marketing Strategies are people using. If you ask me I almost never do advertising very few to tell the truth but go more for Social Presence facebook, twitter pinterest etc. As many indies we all need good budget for this. Does anywone has a low budger Marketing Strategy would like to share with community. One thing I know is I learnt from Steve P Young is you can tell people (friends) to review your game or buy reviews with 5 stars using the specific keywords in reviews. This is as far as I know is for IOS only because keywords in reviews are considered in search in iTunes AppStore.

Also I would like to learn if you recieved some positive results from Mobile Advertiisng (Adwords, Facebook) etc.
    And did anyone had good luck with publishers??

Kind Regards

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Personally, I would go where the customers actually are - already in game and watching/seeing adverts. Facebook is purely a waste of time. I would look at using the likes of Chartboost or Admob since its a captive audience and just the people you WANT to download your game.

Buying reviews is a HUGE 'no'. Apple and Google(finally) are clamping down on this. If they catch you doing this, you run the risk of getting your account closed and losing any revenue.

I was considering doing a Chartboost campaign for Trump vs Zombies but decided against it for now - but will certainly do something along those lines for my titles next year.

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you! Seems we are on the same page. I also think Chartboost or Admob are pretty Good. Have you had any good experiences with Chartboost?? Also I was checking adwords campaign which is nice it automatically takes the images from your app (google or ios) and creates ad sets for your. Check the screenshot just created one with one of my latest game and ads looks pretty neat. Seems getting the images from the store.I just wonder which one would you prefer.

Attached Files:

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

If you can, spread your bets over both and see which yields the better results. Both have good options to customise your audience.

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok thanx. Will do. For now just created a 2 day adwords campaign and will test results and tell here.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The thing is that you need to find an advertising service that can get you an install for as low as $0.1 US Dollars or less. And that does not exist. The only one bragging around that it is possible is Thomas Carter from Bluecloud using the facebook ads technique. He goes as low as $0.6 which still can be a loss with paid installs for the type of games we do. But if you achieve a low CPI like that you sure will get as well some organic installs that drive you some revenue towards your pocket. I would do it only if your game is A++ quality, but if it is you most probably anyway went with a publisher. So basically ads for us independents is pretty much a no go option. I still have my dreams up to create a community based cross-promotion, but I'm not in the position to start something like that.

Here the facebook ads technique (it is a private link but it was shared by another forum member some days back in the forum so I thought I would just copy paste):

7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Actually I have paid for this video and watched it but still pretty now sure about it. PRobably I missed things so will watch it again. Also seems we need to integrate SDK with the facebook ID and secret ID (not interstitial or banner id) so I am also not sure if we can integrate facebook into our Buildbox Games so we can track app installs. Cause our app must be able to speak to facebook through SDK. Do you know how to do it?? If you only create an app install campaing without integrating SDK you can only but clicks not installs also can not follow the process.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, no idea how to do this. Would be nice to try. But I just wanted to point out that chartboost or admob is a no go for a free game. If you are doing it for a paid game it's different. You don't want to pay $1-$2 for each install when your game only makes $0.1 ARPU.

9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Have you tried incentiviced installs for Android like websites ayetstudios.com ?? Now seems they also support IOS installs. also there is another website https://cpimobi.com/ but seems these websites might harm your app cause people do not keep the games too much in their phones only downloading to earn money.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

These kind of services are for bought installs. Also known as burst campaigns. It gets you installs but no active users. The goal is to boost your app into the top of the appstore to acquire organic installs afterwards. Apple or Google can ban your account for this. But if done right, nobody will care or even notice. There are a lot of different companies who offer burst campaigns. I have researched a little and never found one that really is trustworthy (if they use bots the possibility of a ban is higher). If you go this route I would try first with a Google account as it is easier to buy a new one if it gets suspended. :D The bad thing about Android is that the top ranked apps work a little different. If you are in the top 50 of the ios Appstore then it is almost granted that you get the organic downloads. But to appear in the top you will need daily installs of 10-20k (not sure about this but that's what I believe). So lets say it is 10k * $0.1 = $1,000.00 which you would need for at least two days continuously (=$2,000.00) to get the organic downloads kick in. Again, I would do this only if your game is A++ quality. Also keep in mind that you could achieve with 2,000 USD and a CPI of $0.1 the same amount of real users when done right with the facebook technique. But it for sure is more work. Also, @playsgames6666 had some nice experience with facebook ads for posts (https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...ds-by-thomas-carter-tomorrow.7310/#post-38671). Even though your CPI is probably much higher (at $0.2 or something) if you get even it is worth it. The positive side effect is that you get followers which nowadays is probably the most important part of marketing your games. I have done the same test but couldn't reproduce the success though. I'm pretty sure that you need a niche game to make this work. Something people are passionate about. It won't work with a simple and abstract arcade game. Make a die hard hardcore gun based game and sell it to gun lovers for example. That could work out pretty well... :D

volcank and playsgames6666 like this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi sorry for the late reply. yes I totally agree with you even you get even that is a plus like u said you get followers and also I am sure apple and google are both watching the retention in all apps and that also adds a value in terms of store rank. I have a platform game that I have developed last year not buildbox but with construct 2 it has like 36 levels inside most are challenging and after 1 year somehow it went into a loop and getting enough fair downloads and something started to happen. but even with a game with levels platformer game btw i see if it has 300 installs then it had around 200 uninstalls. imagine that. RPU is really hard to keep these days. Have you tried Amazon part of the business. If yes which ad network would you advice. today I uploaded and integrated revmob as banner and chartboost as interstitial. But I might move to apploving.

12. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

for Amazon , i had a bad experience before , i don't recommend it , but you can always try

about incentiviced installs , those are a great service to get ranked top new free on your game category such French,Italy , New Zealand , where it's easy to get ranked . but you should be smart and mix diffenrent services to get great result .

13. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I use forums and social networks.
    Price 0 $
    Time, 2-3 hours

14. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

Hi there!
    I know that Christoph won't agree with me with this hahahaha... but I think one of the cheapest and still useful app marketing methods is ASO. Give it a try... obviously if you learn how to do it yourself will be much better! Is not so hard to learn.
    Burst campaigns are mainly for boosting your app visibility, the revenue this incentivized downloads will give you is almost zero... but helps to attract more organic ones. For User Acquisition campaigns.. yeah.. you'll need some budget.

P.S. .... I hope Mr. Nick won't sue me for sharing his private link of the webinar... but hey.. free knowledge is very appretiated :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  15. arsen.

arsen. Boxer

Try to contact with celebrities, I am sure they can boost your game for profit share(If you are lucky they won't ask any money). That's a technique of my friend.

volcank likes this.
  16. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool one! Thank you for sharing.

17. Arshpreet

Arshpreet Avid Boxer

awesome People responding here,commenting so that I can read what They are saying

18. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

Anyone have bought recently from CpiMobi or any other incentivized traffic provider? I'm really curious how they manage to still offer the service after the update of Andoid in October 31st...

19. ASOtop1

ASOtop1 Boxer

Hi volcank, here are some adevertize methods for you, details as follow:

Make your apps become pre-loaded
    Make your apps become the pre-loaded apps in a mobile phone, it's the major way to promote your apps. You can communicate with the the cellphone manufactures to target this goal. Although it might cost a large amount of money, it can be the efficient way to increase the download quantity and promote your app products.

Cooperate with clebrities
    Most people like to follow others and be influenced by the words of some celebrities or well-known business people. You can cooprate influential bloggers, newspaper journalists, professional tech writers in social network like Facebook or Twitter.

Sponsor relevant activities
    To increase the visibility of your app, you can sponsor some relevant activities.

CPI advertising
    No matter your app is paid or free, Cost-per-install ad payment method is a good way to show ads in the ad network. As install is the final goal for app, CPC or CPM will not be available for apps comparing with CPI.

App store optimization
    Besides advertize methods, there is one most effective method to promote your app - App store optimization. Generally speaking, users give a little bit more trust to the natural search result, when comparing with ads. Therefore, I recommand this promotion method. If you don't know much about aso, you can consult aso companies, they provide professional app store optimization services.

There are many other free methods to promote your app,such as gross promotion, email marketing, start a blog, forums, etc.

20. Aimee

Aimee Boxer

Hi, here I want to share some marketing strategies to you.

1. Advertise
    This is an very useful way for mobile marketing, and it can be divided into 2 parts. One is Online ads, the other is offline ads.

Online ads - You can put the URL of your app in some websites where your target users often surf in, like Facebook ads or Twitter ads. Also you can communicate with some web celebrities, this is very popular these days. But the advantages of this method is expensive.

Offline ads - Make a beautiful and attractive short video which can show the advantages of your app, and attractive more potential users. Make the video play in the people-crowd places. Let more people know your app.

2. Leaflets
    Make some attractive leaflets and hand out in some places, this is a money saving way. This can not take your to much money.

3. Keywords search optimization
    This is a part of app store optimization, the second important part. Choose appropriate keywords can make your app be searched easier by more users. Nearly 80% users download an app through putting the keywords in the search box, so do keywords search optimization can help increase downloads and then increase the popularity of your app.