Particle Effects Moving In Towards Center Instead Of Out

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jerry, Oct 12, 2016.

1. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Is there a way to make the particle effects move in towards center instead of moving out? I'm used to all of the options in Unity. Particle effects are awesome but there needs to be more options here.

Here is an example of a powerup. I would like to be able to have the particles move in for a different type of powerup.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  2. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Since these are particle emitters and not particle suckers :) you wouldnt be able to do it with one emitter.. but you could simulate it with a several emitters in a circle all emitting toward a center point. Adjust the lifespan so that particles die at the center. It should give the effect your looking for.

heathclose and Christoph like this.
  3. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks pilotjoe! That would probably work although quite a bit more laborious and not sure what impact this will be to game lag. Im just used to all the things you can do in Unity.

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Brilliant

5. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Here's what I came up with. I have 13 particle effects all facing towards center and it works. So you can see one powerup with effects going out and one powerup with effects going in.

Attached Files: