Testflight Requests For Trump Vs Zombies

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by spicedbeangames, Oct 18, 2016.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Hi all!

This will be the first Testflight I have done so 2 things

1 - if anyone has an easy to follow guide how to set it up - that would be great but I will search one out on Friday otherwise.

2 - If anyone would like an invite to test TvZ, please post your info below. I am hoping to get a build out over the weekend on iOS.

Many thanks!

2. mattdev

mattdev Boxer

3. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

5. spicedbeangames

Thanks to all that have contacted me. Timescales are going to be really tight! An early build will go live over the weekend(probably Sunday) - just to test the game runs fine really. Everything appears to work well on Android as I have been testing that as I go (easier).

Cheers!

6. spicedbeangames

Hi all - just a quick update.
    I've started the process of building a Testflight build - so check your emails.

A few things and known issues.
    1 - On the World menu UI - there is a big grey triangle. This will grant access to the final level 'The Wall'.
    2 - Other levels only unlock upon completion of the current level.
    3 - Weapon unlocks are all 10 coins for testing purposes.
    4 - Weapon unlocks are a 1 time grant per level. So a player has to purchase them again to use on other levels. This excludes levels where there's vehicles.
    5 - Look for a house at the start of a level that has a chimney puffing out smoke (bonus level)
    6 - Rocket Launcher bullet spawn animation is not final.
    7 - Game Icon is not final.
    8 - Adverts and leaderboard functionality has not been added yet.

When testing the final level (The Wall) - ideally want to make sure that the randomised power ups (invincibility, coin magnet and random weapons) feel right for enjoyable game play.

Many thanks! Please level feed back - good and bad. It has been a challenging process but a fun one as I overcome limitations within the software and adapt the game to suite. I believe its the first 2d shooter too using the software?

7. spicedbeangames

Hi all
    Test invites have just gone out to those who requested. I've noticed that on some levels Zombies will appear either behind a layer or walk off behind the path/road - I have no idea what is causing this as everything is ordered correctly.

JoeWilson likes this.
  8. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Check if you have connections to those objects. I've noticed that the children of connected objects will take the properties of the parent including the layer. Just a thought.

Send me an invite too.. would love to check it out - pilotjoe@gmail.com

thanks!

spicedbeangames likes this.
  9. spicedbeangames

Cheers! None of the objects are connected. The only thing I DO have is an extra layer that sits infront of all the main objects. But this is on all levels, so its strange that the overlapping only happens on 2 or 3 levels. I am going to probably remove them and paste in new ones.

PS: I've added you.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I would be happy to test the game a little more, but unfortunately, you haven't checked different devices. Buttons are cut off, menus are cut off, levels are cut off. You really need to check iPhone 4 and iPad in the preview and see for yourself the mess that is going on. This has been reason for rejection in the Apple review. If you have bad luck someone will test it with an iPad.

11. spicedbeangames

In a newer build(I will try and upload today) I have set some button corrections. Works fine on Android

When you say 'checked different devices' what and where is that?

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

1. open Buildbox
    2. open your game
    3. open preview
    4. change the device resolution

1.png

13. spicedbeangames

ah ok. cool. I will take a look. Everything was built for iPhone5.

14. spicedbeangames

Hi all - a quick update. A new build is waiting to be approved. You won't need to check for overlaps, as I have spent the day fixing this problem.

I have managed to track down all the graphical overlaps. I can't explain how is came about. I think it has something to do with the 'path' method being used. Although this was at the top of the layer, it was causing some objects to go behind it. I also had overlaps with coins hidden behind the road too - which was VERY odd.

But having said that, on other levels, the path was fine and in the same place as it is on all the levels.

NOT in this build.
    The final level - The Wall, I have added more 'space' levels, as I felt the character can die too fast I also removed some zombies, added a few more power ups and added a new Dynamite 'kill all enemies' power up for the final level only.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I saw that you changed the icon to the one I did some days back. Cool. Just a heads up though, the green line around Trump was only there because I badly cutted Trump from your other icons. It wasn't meant to stay there and looks a little weird. Also, you missed the shooting fire. If you want me to create the icon for you just pm with all the assets. :D

16. spicedbeangames

Ok cool. Trump actually had a green glow around him in the other icons too. I am using an icon template thing which I will whisk over.

cheers!

17. spicedbeangames

Thanks everyone for their feedback and support. Trump vs Zombies has just been approved and is ready for release on Nov 2

18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Why are you not releasing already? The faster it gets to people the better I think.

Ah, and I just remembered. You need to put invisible character unlock buttons over the other levels as well rather than only on the bus. Because now you can click on the bus level when it is not unlocked and then start whatever other level and you will start them with the bus as well... Just a heads up.

Good luck!!!

19. spicedbeangames

haha thanks! yeah I fixed that. I was scratching my head how I unlocked the bus for one of the other levels lol. I wanted to bring it out on new release day and closer to the election and hope to pick up some traction from it.

Christoph likes this.