Ads not working

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by wartek69, Nov 14, 2015.

1. wartek69

wartek69 Boxer

Hello Everyone
    I have my game in the shop for a week now, but only now I figured that Interstitials are not showing except on my phone. It works fine on mine but I asked three of my friends and they had no single interstitial impression on their devices. Why do you think that is? I have Chartboost set for those, banners work ok, but not the full screen ones. Another thing that is confusing me is when you create ad unit in Admob you have ID unique for each unit created, but only one line to put it in Buildbox, what if you created more then one interstitial unit? Which one do you put into the section provided in Buildbox? Same goes for banners. Thanks for any feedback on it guys, I am getting quite confused around all these networks:)

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think in Chartboost there is an option to set when testing and another one when you release the game. Did you change it?

3. wartek69

wartek69 Boxer

Hi there, Thanks for reply first of all. when it comes to test mode I did switch it off, since than I receive interstitials no my device but I don't think others get those.

4. darren

darren Avid Boxer

testing ads is the most frustrating part of buildbox i wish someone would make a video on how they add frameworks to their Xcode project and not get errors

Shrey and theoleguina like this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm on test mode and got the interstitials anyway. Double check because they probably switched it automatic back when they didn't see much installs of the game.

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You should never NEED to add frameworks to use the built-in networks including regular HeyZap support.

Only networks for HeyZap mediation need to be added which, as stated, we don't officially support anyway. Since we don't support this we won't have video for it.

7. darren

darren Avid Boxer

I was able to [finally] see ads for Vungle, UnityAds, Chartboost, AppLovin, and AdColony by doing this to the files HeyZap said to add:
    [​IMG]

8. wartek69

wartek69 Boxer

thanks for all the replies folks but in my case I receive interstitials from chartboost as it is set in Buildbox on my phone. What I recently learned is that three of my friends (did not have many downloads just yet:)) did not see interstitial for a single time, I wonder why this might be, I am waiting for feedback from Chartboost but I thought maybe someone here had a similar issue, I am talking about Android version of my game. Thanks a lot again! stay awesome!

9. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Hi @Andy can you clarify something which I think is a bug...looks like Buildbox exports SOME vungle files even if you are not designating Vungle as a provider so when I follow Heyzap's instructions to add Vungle i get a warning:

Warning: Multiple build commands for output file /Users/...../Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/PZPlayer.app/__vungle.db

i guess i'll try and delete the duplicates exported from Buildbox
    [​IMG]

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You can delete those files from Resources. I'll find out why they are there and fix this in the next release if warranted.

11. darren

darren Avid Boxer

i deleted them before opening the Xcode project and i see this...i haven't tried to add the whole vungle sdk yet (as you can see i accidentally added the sdks to "Resources" instead of Frameworks but i need to reboot

[​IMG]

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You have to delete/add items from Xcode. Doing it from the filesystem will create (fixable) errors in the project.

13. abc123

abc123 Boxer

Hey Darren, may i know if you only dragged the SDKs of "Vungle, UnityAds, Chartboost, AppLovin, and AdColony" and dropped them to the frameworks folder in xCode for their ads to appear or you did some extra code integration into xCode afterwards?
    I ask this because on Heyzap´s guides it says that additional work has to be done after drag & dropping the SDKs such as adding many lines of code into xCode
    For example:
    Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 21.53.31.png Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 21.58.05.png

Also, in case i want Heyzap mediation to also integrate Admob, should i also do it inside Buildbox or if i decide to integrate Admob with Heyzap Mediation i should leave the Admob space in Buildbox free?

Thank you!!

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I got today this error message in the Xcode log:

[PTAdIAdDelegate] interstitial load error: Error Domain=ADErrorDomain Code=3 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Ad inventory unavailable" UserInfo=0x1caf4df0 {ADInternalErrorCode=3, ADInternalErrorDomain=ADErrorDomain, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Ad inventory unavailable}

It appears during the gameplay but also on the game over screen, even when the chartboost interstitial shows up. Anybody knows what it means?

15. qbeesoft

qbeesoft Avid Boxer

hey cris.

Same thing is also happening with me.

16. Jiri

Jiri Boxer

Same thing to me guys. I contacted Chartboost and they said that I am using older sdk and that's why it's happening. Did you solve it somehow?