Character Reset Direction On Checkpoint

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by aqeeliqbal, Oct 14, 2016.

1. aqeeliqbal

aqeeliqbal Boxer

on touching a checkpoint, character reset to its original direction. character start moving on right when game starts, i can move it left right both way, but if character is going left and touch a checkpoint action, it reset character's direction to right. i want character to keep moving in the same direction.
    any ideas?

2. Piyush2016

Piyush2016 Boxer

send demo

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

On your character asset bar, tick 'Image Direction'. This will keep the character facing in the desired direction.

aqeeliqbal likes this.
  4. aqeeliqbal

aqeeliqbal Boxer

Thank you for your reply :( but dosent solve the problem. its still same.

5. aqeeliqbal

aqeeliqbal Boxer

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think there are several misunderstandings.

First it seems you are not using checkpoints but next checkpoints actions which "beams" you to another scene. So the character is not touching a checkpoint but rather a next checkpoint. This is important to understand.

Then the second misunderstanding is about the direction. We were thinking the character faced towards the direction, but you actually clearly stated it is about the movement.

So, without knowing much about your set up, I would say it has to do with the advanced moves you have set up. You have one for right and one for left. Do you have as well one for initial movement? I bet this is the culprit. Have you tried to play with it?

aqeeliqbal likes this.
  7. aqeeliqbal

aqeeliqbal Boxer

@Christoph thank you for replying.
    my game configuration is "wall jump" as you can see here in this video https://www.dropbox.com/s/ab6bifmopx4uybh/WALL JUMP.mp4?dl=0
    nothing changed to default configurations of this gameplay.

yes its a next checkpoint action, next check point action beams my character to another scene which is my goal. and yes you are right about initial movement, which is making it go right when it beams into new scene.
    i tried to play with it. but its has to go left or right otherwise i cant move character to any direction.
    need suggestions here :(

8. Piyush2016

Piyush2016 Boxer