Help With Designs For My Game Idea

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by Zaola_, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

Hello, I was looking for some tips on creating artwork for my upcoming game that I will make. Should I start making the game or get all the graphics done first? I am very experienced with photoshop and a little bit with cinema4d but just not creative. I'm also looking maybe towards poly themed

2. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Hello

Of course you need some initial graphics to start your game, without graphics you cannot start, after testing all features on BB, you can change graphics as well, or during making the game you change the design.

Zaola_ likes this.
  3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

A picture starts from the sketch, then the lines are outlined, filled and given color.
    Same with a game, when you know you want, and running a sketch or Demo, finish making with the final images.

Zaola_ likes this.
  4. Keromor

Keromor Boxer

Hi there,

Do you have a budget ? if so there are some good places to get bespoke graphics from, I have done this myself.

Gareth

5. Zaola_

Zaola_ Boxer

Thank you for replying! I have made graphics for a game that doesn't require much and if I earn any money from that hopefully I can get a designer!

6. Keromor

Keromor Boxer

That is good to hear, hope you are successful!

Have a great day.

Gareth

7. Manitoba

Manitoba Boxer

What I tend to do is create the game mechanics first, and say my main character will look like a fish; I'll just Google fish png and use it to get a feel for how it'll look,once the mechanics are all set it's a case of make graphics and drag and drop those babies in one fell swoop :)

Christoph likes this.
  8. Keromor

Keromor Boxer

That is what nearly everyone does, including game development companies, they are know as place holders. because even though making the game look nice is fun it is best to make sure things work first.

Gareth

9. Manitoba

Manitoba Boxer

Not sure if I feel good that I'm doing something right or if I feel bad that I'm not being different aha!

10. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

All advice above is great!