Heyzap Mediation Sdk 9 - Ios [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, May 9, 2016.

1. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Remove applovin skd. Somehow is a duplicate if you add it. Try without it. It worked for me.

2. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi @Nasser,

Any luck with this? I am getting same error. On admob all options and on Heyzap on video. Sometimes Adcolony does the same for video.

Christoph thanks for iOS version as well, really helped but we are not there yet :) If you have any ideas, all are welcomed.

Thanks,
    C

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sorry. I'm not following you. What's the exact problem?

4. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

I get this error:

Debug log:
    Fetching ad with tag: 'default' (may take up to 10 seconds)
    HZInterstitialAd didFailToReceiveAd tag:'default'
    Error: Error Domain=HeyzapMediation Code=1 "Heyzap was unable to fetch an ad from any of the available networks for creative types: [STATIC, VIDEO] and tag: [default] via ad type: interstitial." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Heyzap was unable to fetch an ad from any of the available networks for creative types: [STATIC, VIDEO] and tag: [default] via ad type: interstitial.}

hey zap interstitial worked, and had that on video and video reward only. Now none are working for heyzapp. Odd is that add mob did not work before and now it does and heyzapp is not working.

Any ideas? Did you get this error while you did debug on iOS?

Thanks and regards,
    C

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If they all are set up correctly and are green, then the problem must be with settings on the Heyzap dashboard or each individual dashboard of each ad provider. Have you set them up correctly? Are the campaigns running? Banners, interstitials, video ads enabled, etc?

6. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Yes @Christoph, I had to use HeyZap SDK 9 instead of the Unified SDK

Christoph likes this.
  7. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

Yes, all good. Odd thing is that on same location in VPN sometimes these do work, smoetimes don't. Sometimes I am playing the game and the ads stop showing all, so I don't receive any ads which is odd. So re the error above i get that sometimes. Sometimes for hey zap, sometimes for admob, sometimes for vungle.

Even crazier is that I run both games, iOS and android and on android i get ads, on iOS I don't, same network, same location.

Will start over to see if any change is happening.
    Thanks,
    C

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This has nothing to do with the implementation of Heyzap. It sounds like a Heyzap problem. I'm sure once you have released your game and get more impressions this problem will go away.

Also take in mind that most ad providers will block your IP if they see you are misusing them to get clicks or impressions.

I think you are good to go.

9. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Thanks for your input. Any idea why ads just stop showing? No interstitial, nothing after a while. First few ads are playing great but after 10 deaths for example no ads will show. This does not happen on android. Android runs great atm.

I am getting these 2 in simulator:

ZPlaye did fial with tag: default -- Error Domain=HeyzapMediation Code=1 "An ad is already shown or attempting to be shown" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An ad is already shown or attempting to be shown}

Player did fial with tag: default -- Error Domain=HeyzapMediation Code=1 "An ad is already shown or attempting to be shown" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An ad is already shown or attempting to be shown}

It this heyzap error fro their side?Any ideas?

Thanks,
    C

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I can confirm this. We are working on HZ SDK 10, but it's not just a drop in replacement. Will take some time. HZ SDK 9 should work fine in the meantime.

JoeWilson and Brocky120 like this.
  11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

For all you guys using UnityAds with Heyzap Mediation:

The latest version 2.x does NOT work with Buildbox and/or Heyzap version 1.9.6. So when you use UnityAds you will need to work with the latest build of version 1.x.

You can download it here: SDK 1.5.8 (source: https://github.com/Applifier/unity-ads-sdk/releases)

How to:
    1. Copy the file "UnityAds.framework" to your Framework folder in Xcode
    2. Copy the file "UnityAds.bundle" to your Resources folder in Xcode

Thanks to Alex from Heyzap who helped me figuring this one out!

edwin_simonds and JoeWilson like this.
  12. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

And for android the unity-ads.jar?

13. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi there,

I uploaded the archive for test flight on ios. Reached that point on iso :)\ Now I got this:

The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data

Anyone any idea where to look for to fix it??

Regards,
    C

14. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

I have managed to fix the thing above. Now I have another one.

I uploaded my app to iTunes connect. Now I have an issue with IAPs. I cannot add any IPA since once I press + the list is empty, i cannot add.

I get this message there: Your first In-App Purchase must be submitted with a new app version. Select it from the app’s In-App Purchases section and click Submit

On my app details page I have no In App Purchase section.

How is this working exactly since my IPA codes are already setup from BB and exported.

Thanks,
    C

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Please open a new thread as this one is about Heyzap Mediation. :D

16. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Hi @Christoph master of trades - I am trying to add appolovin. On their site it says to add -
    #import "ALSdk.h" - but it's not working so I have tried - #import <Fyber_AppLovin_3.4.3-r1.framework/ALSdk.h>
    and got error saying that ALSdk.h doesn't exist - what to do ?

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Don't use Heyzap SDK 10. It won't work with Buildbox. Use instead SDK 9.x. I posted the latest some days back in this thread.

18. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hi @Christoph, I met with a problem with Heyzap 9.x, it cannot request ads at all right now, it was fine 2 months ago, do you have the same situation?

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hmmmm. No. I got the ads still working fine. It must be something on your end. Have you changed something?

qiang_ma likes this.
  20. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Seems I diddn't change anything, just like I used to do, as it didn't happen since now, all my old games have no such problem. If it's possible, you may try to build a new app in Heyzap and see if this no requested ads situation happen, I build several whole new apps on Heyzap, and all failed to request ads.