Ketchapp, Most Likely To Publish An Unreleased App?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by AaroArts, Oct 17, 2016.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Pretty self explanatory... But I have a couple of questions I'd like your thoughts on.

Do you think KetchApp are more likely to publish an App of mine (or yours) that is yet to be released?
    In other words, I can't imagine them wanting to republish a game under their name if a dev has already released it, unless its some ridiculously successful game?
    Has anyone had or know of any experience with this?

I've just finished my 4th BuildBox game, and I'm VERY tempted to send it to KetchApp... after all, you don't know if you don't try, and until now I haven't felt any of my games have been their style.

It's currently pending review in iTunes Connect, but I've set to manual release because I'm worried they wouldn't even consider it if it's already released, despite their website saying you can submit games that are already in the AppStore.

So I'm thinking, once it's approved, to then let them test it before I release it.

Having said that, I'm a little worried about putting a game out there before it's released.

I'd love to hear your experiences or thoughts on this.
    Thanks.

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I don't have personal experience in dealing with Ketchapp but I will say this. They get hundreds of submissions a day so it could take weeks before they even read your email and check out your game. Plus I highly doubt that they respond to those submissions that they aren't interested in. So the question to ask yourself is, are you willing to wait weeks to hear back from them and thats if you ever do?

Trey released phases on his own and then it was re-released by Ketchapp

blackswan and Zaola_ like this.
  3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I guess. Do you really think hundreds are submitted?
    It does say they get back to you within 7 days though...

Also, I don't know Phases history, but I imagine it was a successful game before they released it.
    I don't think my games (especially my newer ones) are half bad... I just lack exposure like most people :(

Maybe I'll not manually release it, submit it to KetchApp... and If I don't hear within 7 Days, just press release.
    This is a tough one.

4. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I have pitched my game to ketchapp and they have collectively viewed my emails 139 times and they did not respond in 10 days...I would only say this..They are very poor in communication and will treat you the customers very badly as far as I think...Stay away from them ..go for others...

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

How do you know they have seen your email that many times?

And yeah, Ketchapp is one of the biggest players. Also keep in mind that if your game gets accepted you will get onto the waiting list. It can be more than a year until your game gets published. If you can wait that long cool. If not go for a smaller publisher.

clenard likes this.
  6. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Ketchapp are now owned by Ubisoft... and judging by some of there console games etc I'm not too sure about them anymore. I think a new 'Ketchapp' publisher will over take them soon...

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Other than KetchApp, what other publishers have that much Social Media presence? or are worth pitching to?
    I'm not so sure another publisher could offer anything more than if I published myself unless they have a huge audience..?
    I have thought about Nanovation though...

8. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

I'd say @nanovation or Chillingo (not really BB type games however)... There is also @Gregory Storm @ Storm Watch Games...

9. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Yes...Ubisoft will now rule on Ketchapp and really hard to get the games flowing of BB type as it was before.....

Nanovation and Umbrella are great choices..also Storm watch games.....and Fortafy you can try them, but they will require a high quality game..I contacted the and they didn't liked my game o_O

10. Smrdis

Smrdis Boxer

Ketchapp ready to republish published games, but game should have very good retention rate.

11. asktolik

asktolik Boxer

@Sam_Aaro , I don't have any personal experience, but I found this article in another forum where apparently, ketchapp stole the idea of the developer. Not sure if 100% true, but maybe you can contact the guy to ask for advice or something.
    h

12. jeoncrack

jeoncrack Boxer

I also heard that, really confused...

13. chrissy_wissy2

chrissy_wissy2 Avid Boxer

You say that Ketchapp copied the game, but the thing is Ketchapp rarely publish their own games, in fact i think 'The Line' was the only game they published under their own name - generally these are games which are created by either studio's or indie's who then forward onto Ketchapp and they just release it