"server Response Error"

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Oct 10, 2016.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi All,

I just downloaded the 30 day trial version of buildbox but when I try to Activate my licence it says "Server Response Error" with a Red X. I saw similar threads to this when I searched for in forums but couldn't find a specific answer. I wrote to support and what they advice is to check my DNS, firewall, anti-virus, or any other potential things that could be blocking that. I turned of my AVG antivirus software (disabled it) and also allowed buildbox in Firewall settings and still nothing changes and can not see any othe thing that is blocking it. I also checked my Internet Connection and I don't have a VPN connection. I would appreciate all the help. Thank you.

Btw Buildbox activated in MAC but couldn't activate it in PC. I am living the issue above in my PC.

Thank You

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Uninstall BB, reboot the PC and reinstall.
    I do not know if the license 30 days, allows install the software on 2 computers.,

3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I did and still it didn't work. Still giving the same error. Seems something is blocking it to connect to server. The support send me a link to check
    https://api.buildbox.com/reachable-test/

and when I click it it says
    Error Code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

and when I sent this to support they said;
    Yeah, that's the dead giveaway. Unfortunately you'll have to diagnose what is blocking Buildbox on your pc to get it to work on there.

So I don't know what is blocking my Buildbox. Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    btw yes in email it says "Please note, with each license you purchase is for a single person. This person can
    install Buildbox on two devices they own such as a desktop and laptop. Only one
    copy of Buildbox can be run at a single time unless you have purchased multiple
    licenses." So we can install on 2 devices.

Thanks for the respones btw.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Have you checked your VPN. That's what was stopping my Buildbox when it had the same error. Windows 10 has a built in VPN which has a knack of turning itself on everytime you boot up.

5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes I checked but I don't use a Vpn. Anyway I solved the problem than you all for helping. It was a network error that was blocking my connection to server. Now I activated and using buildbox. Phew what a day! :)

6. Thrill2Chill

Thrill2Chill Boxer

@volcank How did you end up unblocking the program because I turned off all vpn's and firewalls and antivirus and it still kept giving me the error.