Advanced Move An Object

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by trudnai, Oct 4, 2016.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

Could you please confirm if Advanced Move on an Object only works if the Object is Physics type? So I cannot make an object to move by pressing a button the same way as a Transform Logic unless the object is Physics and therefore falls off the screen because of gravity?

2. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Only on physics objects at the moment for some odd reason. Removing gravity is the only way to prevent it from falling.

Nihat and trudnai like this.
  3. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

@brakewind723 @trudnai

i just opened an impossible preset... changed that first triangle to a fixed platform... gave the character an advanced move for -10 x linear replace on collision.. worked...

closed that out... opened a new impossible...

pulled in a new triangle in from the assets panel... leave it a fixed platform, gave the character an advance move for -10 x linear replace on collision... worked...

close that out... opened a new one...

pulled in a new graphic as an object, left it a fixed platform... gave the character and advance move for -10 x linear replace on collision... works...

I'm not seeing an issue... or am I missing what you are saying?

Nihat likes this.
  4. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

@heathclose
    Oh we mean't applying advance move components to objects set as fixed. Like pressing a button and a fixed object moves down. Only works with objects set as physics at the moment.

Christoph likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

They are light-years ahead of us... :D Advanced components can now also be applied to objects. Yaaaaaaaayyyyy!!

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Thanks @heathclose, so yes, as @brakewind723 says what I have wanted to do is to use Advanced Move on an Object instead of a Character. I have found a way to get around this for what I wanted to achieve, I was just puzzled why is it not working on Fixed settings.

7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Figured this out, it only gets triggered by the actual character and not any other object - which is a shame

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  8. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@spicedbeangames I think this is a bug. If you select "start" as the event the object advanced move will work. @heathclose @Andy When will object-to-object event collisions be added to Buildbox?

spicedbeangames likes this.
  9. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

That would make sense as it seems very strange. I will give that a try too.

10. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

A related bug if the game is jumping type then the character will not jump any more until timeout completed in collision event .

11. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Has this problem been addressed yet? I hope we see a fix for this in the next update because object to object based collision events for advanced move could open up so many possibilities!!

12. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

13. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Hey guys, I was directed back to this thread by a support email. Figured I would drop an update while I am here. The object/object collisions are fixed in the next release. We are preparing the 2.2.9 release now so I expect you will see it before the end of the month.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    telerebor, trudnai and vallic like this.
  14. vallic

vallic Boxer

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@vallic replied on the other thread.

16. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

As I've seen you can have an advance move on a fixed object but not for movement ! It will activate if you have an animation on button press/release. And if you want just to rotate on press/release you can hack it by making the object decoration and physics and link it to another fixed platform off screen. :) Seems everything works except linear velocity

17. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

linear velocity works, you just cant have any gravity in your world. Well you can but it takes a lot of playing with the settings to get it smooth.

18. diegoandt

diegoandt Boxer

Hello

I have a game on which we have to rotate the screen left and right to move the object and keep playing but since las update to BuildBox 2.3.5 is not working and when we turn left or right the phone nothing happens it was working good on version 2.2.9 but not now

Any help?

Thanks