Possible Serious Bug In 2.2.5

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by trudnai, Oct 6, 2016.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@Andy I think I hit something critical here. I have opened one of my projects in BuildBox 2.2.5 and then I hit New from the File menu and when I save that newly created project by pressing Cmd+S on my keypad it overwrote my previous project instead of asking a file name for the new one... Thanks God I had TimeMachine and could restore my project from there...

Could you please confirm if this is a bug or you need further info or if this is my fault and I did something wrong?

Christoph likes this.
  2. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Huge bug! Experienced this many times before even before the 2.2.5 update! Had to recreate an entire game and lost countless hours of work because of this!

Christoph likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK guys, thanks, we're on this.

heathclose, Sean Buildbox and trudnai like this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Damn it, sorry for hearing that! I was little bit hoping the fault was on my end. Have you reported this to tech support?

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Already in progress to fix. Apologize for the inconvenience and for the moment would advise against Command/Control + S Saving

trudnai likes this.
  6. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

I experienced too but thought it was something I had did. Was prior to 2.2.5 when it happened. Lost an entire project. Glad to know you guys are on it though! Thanks!

7. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

OK just to be clear here. If I'm reading this right this only affects the FIRST save using Command/Control + S.
    If you save via File/Save As this works correctly and you can use Command/Control + S as normal moving forward to save that file.

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

...Or selecting the Save from the File menu... Or if you close the Project / Exit from BB and it asks you to save your unsaved project... Or you choose New again and ask to save your doc, ... Or if you open another BBDOC and asks you to save the doc...

But yes, if you choose SaveAs before doing Save to the "current project file name" then you are good.

OH, and while I was just keep doing this test, Create New, Save / Open File / Create New again in all possible variations BB crashed... Attached crash report.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Christoph likes this.