Iap Price Tag

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by trudnai, Sep 26, 2016.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

Question: Does BuildBox pulls down price info from AppStore for in-app-purchases and correctly format it with localization and local currency and place the tag underneath the locked character or other items? I can see this happening for the in game currency purchases but not for IAP.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No info is pulled from iTunes Connect (or the App Store).

Let me clarify... Buildbox does not pull any info. There is some info that Apple pulls when they show IAP or Leaderboards, etc...

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Thanks @Andy for the clarification. So what's the best practice, to place a "buy" label or a price for the main market (in USD for example)?

4. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

In my experience, it is not a good idea to display an IAP price in the game as a graphic. That way, you can always change price in iTunes Connect. The price will always show up anyway in the IAP pop-up. If you show the price as a graphic, you have to update your binary anytime you want to do a price change or promotion.

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Thanks @ajcoryat, that was my thinking too, that is one of the reason why I thought pulling down price info from AppStore would be the only way (Apple has the API for that as well as localization for displaying currency signs).

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Agree with @ajcoryat for the vast majority of situations, keep it simple. You should get more clicks without putting a price. People are curious. Theoretically that would lead to more click through and then more sales.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Personally I always think it is very annoying if there is no price visible for an in app purchase. At least for characters or gems. The only in app purchase I don't care if it is visible or not is the remove ads feature. If you want to remove them you are curious enough to check out how much it will cost. But if you see a character and it says $0.99 then you know it will cost you more or less 1 dollar and most people know how much 1 dollar is in their own currency.

8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Yep so annoying ...also if you keep the price a secret it pokes holes in your sales funnel... it kills the upsell