Game Art -

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by calmackay79, Mar 8, 2016.

1. calmackay79

calmackay79 Boxer

Just playing round with main character settings - The look is getting there slowly.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

looks awesome!

calmackay79 likes this.
  3. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@calmackay79

I want to give an honest opinion about your game and I am for sure that this will improve your game quality..

This swamp kind of theme, it does not attract that much attention by users, you know Players like Colorful, bright themed games, You artwork is great, but my opinion is changing the background etc to a fun sea style scenario. Bright.

Christoph likes this.
  4. calmackay79

calmackay79 Boxer

Thanks for the comments, I always welcome feedback, especially when it's constructive. I've chosen this theme and have designed art, including enemies to suit.
    A 'southern' swamp feel is something not many have done - and with music, props and addins, it should help enhance the look of it all. Another project after this I will be expanding this art to take on a more 'popeye' style that will play on those bright, 1930's cartoon colours.
    This game is to prove all workable concepts in a boaty/endless runner, while I try make it look good/marketable.
    I'm also using it to present skills to professional publishers for two big future titles I'm working on design atm.

Christoph likes this.
  5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

@Jaky1 A game like Swamp Attack will probably disagree with you. 10m+ downloads on Android alone.

Love the art style. I am always on the look out for a good artist when I start my next project, I will drop you a line

6. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Maybe..I just my side of opinion...