What Happens And Whats Needed Before Contacting Publisher

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by somar271995, Sep 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

I have my own game that is practically finished now, it isn't on the app store as i plan on going with a publisher if anyone will take my game that is, I did leave out the review button as well as ads, not sure if i am supposed to add those in myself or its up to the publisher, also i am curious if the publishers do change some aspects of the game, such as music or graphics. also, are we supposed to have the proper orientation laid out for all devices such as iPhones iPad mini, iPad airs exc. because the way i currently have it. it just fits perfectly on an iPhone screen but doesn't look good on an iPad, is that also something a publisher takes care of or is it up to us to take care of it, also if anyone can share their complete experiences with what its like dealing with a publisher that would be awesome. thank you

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

3. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

Thanks for the reply. I already watched the video and it doesn't really answer the questions I posted. It's to generic. I am looking for specific answers to these questions. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Not really. Your questions are around screen sizes(for example) which is down to game polish. And if it doesnt 'look good on an iPad', a Publisher won't touch it, unless they thing its worth they investment (like Colour Switch was). As Trey says in that video - You dont wanna be THAT guy known for sending in unfinished games.

Regarding ads, most will include their own ad network in the final build.

Christoph likes this.