Control Multiple Characters?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by LittleBuilder, Aug 27, 2016.

1. LittleBuilder

LittleBuilder Boxer

Hello Everyone!

I just recently got Buildbox and have been experimenting with different gameplays a lot. Making games with Buildbox is so much more enjoyable than with any other tool I’ve used before! :) I have a problem that I can’t figure out. So I would ask for your help Buildbox community!

-

Take a look at the mockup picture below. I want to control both Clowns in this picture in a ”turn based way”. So the Player would move only one Clown at a time. I would move Bluenose against the wall and use him as a platform for Rednose to climb on and get the flag!

I’ve tried a bunch of different tricks. For example I thought maybe I could create two invisible boxes and connect one box to Rednose (object) and other box to Bluenose (object). Then maybe I could somehow teleport invisible character inside one of the boxes.
    This way it would appear for the Player that Clowns would be moving, when in reality the invisible character inside of them would be the one dragging Clowns along. Of course this attempt failed horribly for numerous reasons!

-

Maybe it could be possible to put a button in the corner for character swapping? Is there a way to control multiple characters in the screen?

Thanks!!

PS. Sorry if my explanation is not clear. English is not my native language. I will elaborate more if needed!

Attached Files:

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I'm not sure if I understood correctly or not, you want to control multiple characters in one scene. This is not possible. Only one character can be used in a scene

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  3. LittleBuilder

LittleBuilder Boxer

Thanks for reply! :)

I hope this is more clear:
    I thought maybe there is a way to teleport invisible character around the scene and somehow connect it to different objects. This way when you move the invisible character, you move the connected object at the same time too. So it would actually still be only one character in the scene.

4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Why you don't use transform logic?

5. LittleBuilder

LittleBuilder Boxer

Transform logic > affect operation > replace you mean? I can't come up with a way I could use it in this situation thought! Maybe I should try some other more simple gameplays haha! :D Thanks anyway!

6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

As you asked teleporting character and connecting it to object is possible but it is harder that using transform .

7. LittleBuilder

LittleBuilder Boxer

Yes, I will test with teleporting + transform logic right now. Let's see if I can come up with anything! :)

8. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

9. Neverafter

Neverafter Boxer

you can use 2 characters in one scene all you have to do is drag and drop as many as you like

10. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

Not at the same time. "Only first character from library can be dropped into scene".. says Bbox. You can swap them by using action or single unlock however.

11. Neverafter

Neverafter Boxer

I've done it at the same time

12. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Neverafter, are you sure that it is possible? You can only use the first character from the library, it means only one. Is there a new update to Buildbox that I don't know?

13. LittleBuilder

LittleBuilder Boxer

Haha! That's so funny and awesome at the same time ZikZak! :D

Yeah, for me Buildbox gives "Only first character from library can be dropped into scene" message as ZikZak said. I'm using Buildbox version 2.2.3.

ZikZak likes this.