Buildbox 2.2.3 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

I guess you all did not decide it would be OK to login once and give us a couple days to work without this very annoying no server detected error ?

2. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Since the new Update , 2.2.3 Buildbox crashes always on the same spot in the preview (screenshot). Buildbox shutdown . Then I have to restart buildbox and ask me to start from previous session. I tried it like 16 times , It always happens at the preview on the same spot. So always when I run the preview each time it happens. I had that issue never on 2.2.2 . Is it possible to download the previous version ? 2.2.2 ? It was smooth running no issues at all . Thank you in advance .

[​IMG]

Event.log viewer
    + System
    -
    Provider
    [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 100
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2016-07-30T12:11:18.692657800Z
    EventRecordID 7362
    Channel Application
    Computer LAPTOP-LP6TB5VA
    Security
    -
    EventData
    Buildbox.exe
    579a20c3
    unknown
    c0000005
    8bfffde6
    d44
    01d1ea5acf1d8c89
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Buildbox\Buildbox.exe
    unknown
    6c0366e1-57ab-42ec-b8bb-e641746267b3

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Fixed it ! My Solution : Windows 10 restore to a previous windows restore point , restore point was Buildbox 2.2.2 . Now all runs smooth . Running now Buildbox 2.2.2 . Then Buildbox Window pops up "new update available 2.2.3" I clicked skip this update . Now I am running my previous version 2.2.2 now all is back to smooth no errors etc all is fine now :)

INKY likes this.
  4. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Is it possible to download the Buildbox version 2.2.2. That would be awesome. Because I got lately also issues with the 2.2.3 Version.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I guess it's still not safe to upgrade :)

6. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Yes now its happening to me, always when I open buildbox 2.2.3 it crashes instantly and closes :(. Can I download the previous version 2.2.2 . Thank you in advance

7. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

yes, just contant the support they'll give you a link to download v2.2.2, happened to me in other updates and they gave me links to download older ones.

now I learned to not install new updates as soon as they are released :D

CREAZCYK likes this.
  8. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

alright I will do , thank you . Now I can't work on my project :( Have to wait till they send me the link for 2.2.2

9. Massi

Massi Boxer

Swipe control not working after patch 2.2.3!

10. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

With BB I always install new upgrades for folders that has the new version no like bb2.1.1

So I have all updates.

The most stable version is 2.1.1 I advice you to goo to that version

Christoph, CREAZCYK and INKY like this.
  11. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Whew good thing my satellite internet sucks and the annoying constant server not connected alert shutting down BB...was taking forever to download and so I came to forums while waiting only to see another update breaking people's games. Wish they had an extensive test game to use on before sending them out. Wouldn't have to be a complete game just one that lots of different build methods. I know they can't do them all but only testing their preset templates with their updates seems rather lazy.

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I am on 2.1.1 too. It's the latest stable version that works for my game. After that the rotation for the action was changed to adjust to the rotation of the character, even though it wasn't even mentioned in the changelog. My actions are complete replacements and it doesn't make any sense that the action replacement is automatically rotated. At least not for my game. The great news was that this new update should have fixed this problem (at least this is what I read in the changelog) but I can't get it to work nonetheless. Add to this the other bugs and the choppy preview in OSX and I'm definitely not going to update.

I'm always excited with a new update to an existing software but with Buildbox I'm getting rather sad. I just can't understand what's going on behind the scenes. But it must be really bad that this things are happening all the time. It's ok when it happens one time, but if it happens with each update it's just not normal anymore. Not for a premium software like Buildbox. :( I really would like to hear an official statement regarding the problems with the updates. We customers deserve it.

Also, take in mind that in one month we won't be able to publish anymore to the Google Store with 2.1.1 because of the libpng error. What are we going to do then?

timmo26, abdussadik and Massi like this.
  13. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Where you get the libpng error? and what is the error message

14. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Agree with you, there are clearly issues in development and testing cycles, some announced features are still not present, some working features are broken with new updates or don't work the same way....
    I also have the same worries, if new updates break existing features, I can imagine that at some point, even if we get libpng fixed, but with broken features, we'll not be able to publish ...

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Hey guys, we will be starting public betas with next release.

We've expanded our testing department... and we're spending days testing... but the software is too big to rely 100% on the internal testing processes. We will be setting up a Beta section in the customer forum and releasing new versions there first after we have tested internally. We'll release to the autoupdate after we have confirmed from the community it's ready for release.

16. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

That sounds awesome , thank you Buildbox :)

17. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

That's a fantastic idea thank you.

18. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

I just installed back the previous version (2.2.2) that I had before updating to 2.2.3.
    2.2.2 runs so smooth like butter :) no issues no suddenly crashes. Now I can work further on my project :D

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Great decision! Thank you for doing this.

20. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Would that by any chance include some major features as copy/paste and group select :rolleyes::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.