Fit For All Screen Sizes

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by dkarin00, Jul 25, 2016.

1. dkarin00

dkarin00 Boxer

Hello people :)

I'm beginner on buildbox, but I done almost a half of my game (platformer).
    My problem is with screen sizes. I originally put objects for screen from iPhone 5, and when I test game with screen for iPhone 4 or iPad, my elements and objects are not visible or they are half visible.

What is solution for this?

Thanks and all best :)

2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Go to Settings and make your game fit to width

dkarin00 and Christoph like this.
  3. dkarin00

dkarin00 Boxer

I do that before, I have elements on the angles of screen and elements are positioned on angles. It's good for iPhone 5, but on iPhone 4, elements are on lower position.
    Is there any way to handle with that?

Thanks

4. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

you need to design your game for all device , enable stick to edge for buttons that are close to the edge ,

Starman and Christoph like this.
  5. dkarin00

dkarin00 Boxer

Where can I enable stick to edge?

What do you mean with " design game for all device ", I mean, it's not problem for me to change positions of elements (objects), but how can I do that? I'm new here so I can't understand do I need to have seperated projects for each device or at the same project. How will game know that someone turned on iPhone 4, 5 , iPad ....

6. dkarin00

dkarin00 Boxer

Please, can someone answer to me :)

7. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

it is at the right side

Attached Files:

dkarin00 likes this.
  8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Buildbox will auto scale to each screen’s size, however it is is important to use critical design, especially in relation to tablets if supporting them since their screen size ratio is much more square versus the more rectangular phones. See blow for our best advice on optimization across devices:

Note the background objects should not contain elements that require critical placement, unless you have accounted for the difference in screen sizes. Any critical background elements should be added as objects (decorations) instead. Then you need to determine if they should be placed relative to the screen edges or centered. Only items that are placed relative to screen edges should have stick to edge checked. Any other elements most likely you will need to uncheck that. The newest version of Buildbox makes some improvements in this area in the way you can now set screen adjustment under project setting, but paying attention to the above points still and always will apply.

dkarin00 likes this.
  9. dkarin00

dkarin00 Boxer

No, it's not work. Buildbox remove thick from stick to edge. I set screen adjustment under project settings as Default (also tried with width).

Thank you very much for explanation.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  10. AMason

AMason Boxer

Is there a way to have different backgrounds for the menus that load based on what device it is being played on?