My First Bb Game! On Play Store Today

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by dwillproductions97, Jul 18, 2016.

1. dwillproductions97

dwillproductions97 Boxer

Hey guys. I created this game in about 4 hours last night. After help with building in eclipse today I finally got it published on the Play Store this evening! The game is called Sticky Ball. There is skins to unlock. And much more! It was sort of a fast push out for the game. So ive been updating it all day getting ready for the release of version 2 ! Which will contain a lot of fixes, new skins, new characters, new effects and much more! Check it out here and leave a review for me! Also post yours below and I'll check them out as well! Thanks . Try to beat my hi score of 79!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyberpunchgames.stickyball

Attached Files:

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What is the reason for making a game in just 4 hours? It must be really really bad (I don't have an Android device so I can't check it out myself). But in 4 hours you normally can't even brainstorm a nice gameplay, not to speak about the game design. It's just silly. You spent between a 1000 and a 2700 USD for Buildbox and are making a game like that?

I really can't understand but probably I'm too old for this...

3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

People get excited and just want to release a game. Then spend and waste the next few weeks trying to make it better and fix everything.
    Like a kid with a new toy.
    But to be honest i did the same thing when i made my first game. It was crap. But my idea of it was just going through and learning the building aspects and compiling. And learning how to build it in Xcode and eclipse, leaderboards and etc.
    I deleted the game after a few days though.
    But as some say better to create now and learn from your mistakes then never to build something at all.

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, you need to remove the BB logo loading screen.
    I would put a more lively menu.
    The button "Characters" is hidden behind advertising.
    Honestly, you can improve, I would change the character by a pixelated frog, because the menu is of the "pixel", and enemies too.
    I make the menu animated in 4 hours minimum...

As stated @playsgames6666, the first game is always very simple.
    Cheer up and good luck.

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

How is this even possible? The BB logo loading screen was part of the BB1 trial which expired two months ago and BB2 has no export modules. This doesn't sound right. Or did I miss something?

6. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I do not know, maybe if you do not put any image in the beginning, BB is added by default.

Christoph likes this.
  7. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

The BB loading screen is present in BB2.x.x by default, (even in the paid version) if you do not put anything in it's place on the Start Menu, placing just a blank black screen would cover it, but more often, folks using the usual loading bar and their company logo.

Christoph and jcalle like this.
  8. ASOtop1

ASOtop1 Boxer

You need to promote it. As you just released it, it will attract potential users if your app is interesting enough. Then you need to promote it rank higher to attract more users.

Exchange installs & reviews

There are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

Social media networks

Having a Facebook Page for your app is a must-have where you can ask them how they like your app designs and features and any get feedbacks. Also, you can share any news about your app, etc. However, remember not to make your posts only about your app, though. That is boring. It’s like talking to someone at a party who only talks about themselves.

Buy app rating & reviews

One app can get reviews, it must get installs firstly. Reviews provider like www.BestReviewApp.com will guide real users to install app, play and reviews it with ratings. This method will rank app top in a short period. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

Buy ratings only

Potential users are not familiar to your app, so they will prefer to download app which is ranking higher and rating higher. Reviewapp4u dot com is great to offer app ratings both for Android and iOS apps!

Paid advertisements

Run advertisements on some Android forums, Google ads or social media, it is one common method for publishers to promote app. But you know, there are many people browsing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. There are less targeted audience for your app.

9. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Your icon is ok but you should put more screenshots because screenshots and icon is the first impression of the player about your game. Try to put screenshots of more dynamic, more interesting scenes. Player wouldn't install your game because it doesn't seems interesting at the first glance.
    Try to improve them. I don't have an Android device thats why I can't check it out.
    Good luck :)