Almost Impossible! for iOS - Preview

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by dan_counsell, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Djilali

Djilali Boxer

I finished it, it was really fun. I loved the level design and the music. Can't wait for the blog post.

2. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Loaded the Appstore, checked the best new games section and "whoah! I know that game!"

Congratulations! ;)

3. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

@dan_counsell .... WHOA!!! That's really awesome there that you are willing to share... Thanks in advance :)

4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

@dan_counsell
    I beat it -- I think -- but I won't spoil the ending. Again, really good obstacle design. It was tough to get through, but it was pleasantly frustrating. I actually don't like Geometry Dash very much (to be honest), but I did enjoy playing Almost Impossible. Besides rating the game, I guess all that's left for me to say is that I would love to see more of this. I am not so sure that you need to add to the existing game - I think it might be best to leave it as it is because it has a good self-contained nature of the gameplay. However, I would definitely play a sequel.

5. dan_counsell

dan_counsell Avid Boxer

Thanks guys!

@Jamie, I'm already working on a new version (a sequel if you will), it will be freemium this time around. Might look for a publisher too.

"Almost Impossible! Hyper Light Edition!" — Coming to an app store near you soon ;)

Cheers,
    Dan

Jamie and andre_sprs like this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I don't think you can compare it to Geometry Dash (but I think the game idea is very similar to Phases). Two complete different games. A whole different rhythm. I like Geometry Dash and its concept but don't play it at all because it's too difficult. I die two or three times and close the app again because I have to start all over. Almost Impossible is probably too easy. I finished the game in one night and as can be seen in the gamecenter, a lot of users did. More levels for sure would be appreciated... the Hyper Light Edition sounds great too!

7. mikafabz

mikafabz Avid Boxer

Well done.. Very very nice!

8. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

9. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @dan_counsell, just been playing Almost Impossible on the new Apple TV that arrived yesterday and it plays just as good as it does on any other device. For sure it's trickier at first with the swipe feel at the top of the controller, but after a few levels, I was totally immersed. Great work.

Jamie likes this.
  10. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Good Luck with Almost Impossible , the game look so awesome ;)

You really did a great job making this epic game .

11. Machine Rises

Sweet game man! Just downloaded. Love the graphics and the music goes perfectly with it. I'll post my five star rating later. Well done and congrats:D;):)

12. yenomeerf

yenomeerf Boxer

Nice marketing team :) Congratulations for feature.

13. Machine Rises

@dan_counsell I see you have a rate button on the main menu. Can you tell me the set up for that. Did you just use URL button? I can't seem to make mine work on the main menu.

14. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Either I did not notice this before, or this is new, but: As of tonight, Almost Impossible is featured in the US Apple App store. Saw when I checked on my iPhone. The highest I saw the app climb up the paid top charts for US was the 62 slot, but this may only be what I saw, and you will of course have this information in your dev account, presumably.

15. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I see that its featured for Both App stores (iOS and Mac)

Jamie likes this.