Get Featured Appstore/googleplay

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Fiepaper, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

is it possible for my game to get featured in Appstore/googleplay without any publisher..,? do they just pick any games/apps that they like to feature? or mybe they r just looking for famous big publisher?

2. Dan F

Dan F Boxer

There's plenty of unknown publishers that got featured. You need to work hard, and deliver a unique, enjoyable experience. Either in regards to design, or gameplay. Above all else you need perseverance and patience. Don't expect to get featured after one email to apple. You might be really really really lucky, and get featured on first approach, but be realistic. 'Hard work' is not just an expression, it means you actually have to work hard towards achieving results. Getting featured is possible though, so don't get discouraged, and keep at it.

3. Fiepaper

Fiepaper Boxer

thx sir, but do i have to send my game to apple to get featured? or i just normally upload it on my developer acc?

4. Dan F

Dan F Boxer

Upload you game to apple, send it to get approved, but don't release it right away. Set a release date after 3 weeks from when it will get approved. Then write an email to the review team at appstorepromotion@apple.com and nicely ask them to take a look at your game.

bmsingha and ramiucef like this.
  5. gurdippy

gurdippy Boxer

really it is that simple @Dan F ? what about google? do they have a feature email too? I have never seen any buildbox game on google getting feature in my country. Even the kechapp games never get featured.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

hi thanks for the information , do you have any tips to write a nice email to the review team ?

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

bmsingha and ramiucef like this.
  8. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

9. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@ramiucef @Christoph @gurdippy

-The guy that published and developed MAJUSCULA before publishing it ... told me " Hi,

I am the creator of the game "MAJUSCULA". I have seen your post about going without a publisher. I am stuck in the same situation right now. A few publishers want my game, for example Appsolute games. However Appsolute said i have to wait for months until it gets published....but i dont want to wait that long, so i am considering going solo too. And their latest games werent featured and got only a few hundred downloads.....Why did you consider going solo? What would you suggest for me? I am a one man team so i have nobody to discuss this with.

Any tips would be helpful!! "

-THIS IS WHAT I SAID " I saw your game and i am sure they will feature it , here are the steps to go solo and it's better!
    Remember every one started from Zero, publish your game every " thursday" tactical day when they change and feature games. contact App Store Promotions (app_store_promotion@apple.com) (appstorepromotion@apple.com) one week befor the launch of your game and send them these information ->

Thank you for sending this inquiry to the App Store Promotion mailbox. Please provide the below details:
    App Name:
    9 Digit Apple App ID:
    Version Number:
    Developer Name:
    Primary Category:
    Business Model:
    Price if Paid/Paymium: <please enter price>
    In-App Purchases if Freemium/Paymium: <please enter your in-app purchase(s), type, and price(s)>
    Planned Submission Date to App Review:
    Planned Release Date:
    Binary Type: <Mac, iPhone Only, iPad Only, or Universal>
    Supports Apple Watch: <Yes, No, or date to support>
    Countries Releasing In: <please enter either worldwide or list the specific countries you are releasing into>
    Binary Localized Languages: <insert all languages in which you have completely localized this app release; this does not include localizing your App Store metadata>
    List of Key New Features: (please be sure to list specific iOS features, and watch OS features if applicable )
    - <Feature #1>
    - <Feature #2>
    - <Feature #3>
    - <etc.>
    Key Screenshots:
    <copy/paste 2-3 key screenshots showing the app and/or new features to the update>
    App Preview:
    <please include video link>
    This information will be forwarded to the appropriate person and reviewed for promotional consideration. If we need additional information, someone will contact you directly. "

-HE SAID " Thank you for helping, it means a lot ! :)
    Also why do you think it is better to go solo? "

-WE TOLD HIM "Cause you can be the next flappy bird , your game maybe will be on top and BOOM :)"

-HE SENT HIS GAME TRAILER TO TOUCHARCADE

AND BOOM FEATURED IN 115 COUNTRIES :) 0.99$ A LOT OF MONEY I THINK AHAHAH WE HOPE YOU GUYS WILL DO IT!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

IF you can get a big publisher then I for sure wouldn't doubt a second. With medium publishers it always depends what they can offer you regarding the strategy of marketing. Sometimes (or probably most of the times) a feature alone is not enough. You really need to do some serious marketing too. If the publisher can't offer you anything in this regard it probably is better to go solo.

volcank, Arsmen Studio and gurdippy like this.