Move The Character Left Or Right Like In Crazy Taxi

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by vietzero, Jul 10, 2016.

1. vietzero

vietzero Boxer

http://www.softschools.com/games/action_games/crazy_taxi/

Here's a version of Crazy Taxi if anyone hasn't played it.

What I want to be able to do, but have no idea how to do it, is to create the same lane changing mechanic that Crazy Taxi has. I want the player to be able to tap the left or right side of the screen and have the character move left and right similar to changing lanes.

Imagine a top-down car game that just moves forward (Up on the screen) and you have to tap left or right to change lanes to avoid oncoming traffic.

I assume a simple mechanic like this would be possible in BB. If it is, please let me know how to do it.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

3. vietzero

vietzero Boxer

That isn't quite what I'm looking for, I don't think.

I'll attempt to explain my intentions more clearly.

User the image at the bottom as a reference.

Basically I want the player to start in lane 2 and then they can tap either on the left or right side of the screen and the player will transition to the other lanes. So if they are in lane 2 and I tap the right side of the screen, then the player will move to lane 3. Then if I tap the left screen again the player will move back to lane 2. This whole time, the player is also moving up the screen.

[​IMG]

4. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

hi all, i am interested in similar game type as well. character moves straight forward and user has to tap / swipe to go left or right and maybe jump as well. if anyone knows please share with us your input.

5. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

@vietzero you may wanna try this tutorial for some tips:

not sure if this is what you are looking at. For me i probably find it useful

6. vietzero

vietzero Boxer

Thanks for the video, but it isn't what I'm looking for. I just want the player to tap left or right and the position of the Character will move accordingly.

7. yenomeerf

yenomeerf Boxer

He's wanting to move just One step at a time. Either left or right.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  8. Shabir27

Shabir27 Boxer

Does anyone else know how this movement can be done?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  9. SuperVudu

SuperVudu Boxer

I would really like to know how to do this as well

10. SuperVudu

SuperVudu Boxer

Okay I actually figured out a way to do this with three lanes. The only thing is, the way I designed it, if you want to be in the left lane, you have to hold down the left side. Same for the right.

The way to do this is to add two component actions to the World UI (one on left, one on right) and add two advanced moves to the character. In the animation boxes of the two advanced moves, put the character off to the left instead of centering it. Do the same for the other advanced move, but put the character off to the left. Don't forget to hook up your advanced moves to their component actions. Put a timeout of 999 on both and you should be good. Just gotta find that sweet spot of how far left and right to offset the character. Let me know if you have any questions or want to see a video.