Spacey Nauts

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by reegannaidoo, Jul 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey Guys,
    Please check out our first game "Spacey Nauts" on the Appstore and your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

APPSTORE LINK:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spacey-nauts/id1109431811?ls=1&mt=8

Description:
    Thought only monkeys and rockets are Spacey Nauts??… think again!
    In this crazy and quirky game any "spacey not" can ROCK-ET... it's so insane.

With flying hotdogs & a piggy bank too, join this adventure with the Spacey Nauts crew.

So hop aboard and get into the fun, but hold on a second we’re not done.

With cool characters and even a paper plane, get onto our leaderboard and join the wall of fame.
    #I_AM_ROCK-ET!

Dodge asteroids, emojis and popcorn, woohoo!
    Get sucked into blackholes and if you don’t come back, OOPS! we love you too.

With the entire galaxy in your pocket, download the game and lets Rock-ET!

It's not Rocket Science! ;-)

2. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

reegannaidoo likes this.
  3. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

looks GREAT - can u tell me how u achieved the smooth character animation ? the change of angle ? is it zig zag ?

reegannaidoo likes this.
  4. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey Man,

Thanks, thats awesome!
    Did you download & play the game?

We just used "Auto Tilt" under the character settings and played around with airdrag and rotation and stuff... auto tilt will angle the character based on the game direction settings.

Our game is not Zigzag.

Hope it helps ;)

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

there are some very clever things going on in this game, specifically monetization... a 6 hour wait for me to continue, but hey look, video ad will reward 1 continue.. very cool... i will say this though... this game is very cute, and cute games get played by kids... and i just watched a video ad for a sniper game with exploding heads into bloody pools... it didn't fit... and could get you a parental uninstall

I like how at game start the game direction was going say from 8 to 2 o'clock, but the stars were going from 12 to 6... that gave a neat effect

very neat tutorial level... this defined the world in narrative way using the characters and signs and the banter in the air... flying hot dog? in buns? creative... but every game takes place in a world, some are well defined, some are not, for instance color switch doesn't define the world in which we need to flap through colors, it just puts you there and off you go, but you brought us into a world where flying is frowned upon, or so i gather from the protest at launch...

the smiley faces i thought were good guys, but ramming them showed me otherwise lol.. not a critique, just sharing a funny moment

i love the voxel death explosions, and voxel exhaust, a neat way to "pixelate" in different ways

this is a cool game... real game design involved... bravo

reegannaidoo likes this.
  6. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Very nice game, Great work mate!

reegannaidoo likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah man, the monetization system is just incredible. I have set up also some similar things but yours rock hardcore. Congrats! How is the game doing?

Update: I was particularly impressed by the gifted character. But it seems this is a one time thing and the button is there anyway, just not visible... I know how you did it but people will accidentally touch the invisible button which is not so cool. :(

reegannaidoo likes this.
  8. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Thank you for the kind words @heathclose, you surely ROCK-ET! ;)
    *I completely agree with you on the ad thingy... we built the game for users +10 and as a dad myself I setup the ads taking this into consideration, think i made a slight boo boo somewhere along the setup... I got a few of those ads myself yesterday.
    Appreciate the heads up, will get on that right away.

*hehe, Smiley faces gets everybody... our game is all about silliness, glad you had a chuckle.

*I noticed you only got to about 90 Light Years on the leaderboard, you just missed out when the track drops around 110 Light Years.... around that area there's a cool Blackhole, watch out! get too close and you might get sucked in... on plus sided you can trial and explore our second world.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the music and SFX, considering you are the "Music Man".

Have fun!

9. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

@nayamamarshe Thats so awesome to hear, thank you so much. :)

10. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

@bmsingha Thank you kindly and congrats on your second featured game!

11. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

@Christoph Thanks man.

Great testing mate!!!
    So I'm guessing you can relate and understand the frustration that comes with trying to get this working the way you want :confused:
    Man, we tried many many different ways and we thought out-of-the-box (no pun intended, okay maybe a little), but sadly we were forced to strip away many other monetisation ideas because of the limitations, especially if it hurt UX and totally confused our users.

We are fully aware of the "invisible button", this was the one thing that we were all willing to take a risk on, its just such a cool feature and we took the time to limit this from happening frequently, and If by any chance a user stumbles on that screen,the worst thing that will happen is they will feel the emotion and experience of winning, but they will not be able to unlock a character.
    Just so you know, it ISN'T a one time thingy ;) .... collect more coins and watch the magic (if you know what i mean ;))

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Christoph likes this.
  12. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Screen Shot 2016-07-04 at 10.23.16 AM.png
    @heathclose I just doubled checked Heyzap publisher settings now and I did actually have the "Family Friendly" set to "ENABLED".... I wonder why these ads showing up... hmmm, any ideas anyone?

Will send Heyzap an email to resolve issue likewise.

13. heathclose

best bet i'm sure... looks to me like the filter is self explanatory... don't' know why it wouldn't be working...

14. heathclose

I think the audio is pretty good

I swear I just saw a roll of toilet paper...

There are some issues with the game being too big for my iphone6+ words are cut off, for instance the shop, this is as it appears on my phone
    [​IMG]

15. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Cool, thanks.
    Except the sfx, we made all the music in house.

Lol... Yep, you saw right!
    Our big update in a six weeks has loads more craziness, we wanted to save some stuff for the update.

Thanks, we fixed that error this morn, we also found a similar error in the tutorial, doing a small update tomorrow, let me know if there's anything else that catches your eye.
    Appreciate the help.... Spacey Naut! ;)

16. heathclose

So I just tried a few different times to remove the ads, both on wifi and on cellular, and it says I can't connect to the iTunes Store, I don't know if that's a game issue or what...

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Oh I just saw that I got another gift when playing level 2. But somehow after that I was sent again to level 1. Is this intended? I also lost all my coins when that happened... :(

reegannaidoo likes this.
  18. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

You have some complicated thing going on here nice gameplay i have enjoyed playing your game contain many tricks specially the unlock character and prizes the only problem is whenever you click the hidden button will get you to the unlock gift ui.

reegannaidoo likes this.
  19. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi, Excellent game with well design Advertising methods inside. Most os developers will allow your path for sure on this!
    We have just notice one small thing that maybe need to be fixed.
    In Character Selection there is Watch Video Ads +200 Coins, but actual it give only 50 Coins.
    All he best friend with game.

20. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey @Christoph ... oops!
    We fixed that bug now and will include it in todays update.... all I can say is you ROCK-ET!
    Thank you so much for playing our game and giving feedback.

Quick question, did you know that you were required to spend coins to get a character? I think we probably will make that a little clearer in the banner and on the prize screen.