Buildbox 2.2.1 Is Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Andy, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We are please to release Buildbox 2.2.1. This should correct the issues from yesterday when the demo was introduced and a few other bug fixes.

NOTE: There were some bugs with advanced move character component that were corrected in 2.2.0. In some instances if you are using the On Start event you may need to manually adjust it if your gameplay seems off. Just contact support if you have any trouble adjusting it and we will help.

edwin_simonds and cvhrnutds like this.
  2. Roberto P

Roberto P Boxer

Thanks for the quick update Andy!

timmo26 likes this.
  3. michel15

michel15 Boxer

Hi @Andy,
    is the issue with libpng library has been fixed in this update ?

4. STREATWAYLLC

STREATWAYLLC Boxer

I think there is an issue with 2.2.1. I did the update, and went to publish some changes to one of my apps. And it looks like its not running any ads for the iOS export. Im currently using Chartboost, Applovin, and Revmob. I loaded a previous build that I made with 2.2.0 into xcode, and it worked just fine. But anything I build in 2.2.1, will not load any ads. Please help.

5. Nous Games

Nous Games Boxer

hi @Andy in buildbox 2.0.1,2.1.0,2.2.0,Current version is 2.2.1 in mirror effects is not working on all version, mirror effect its work in pc but when we export in android phone or iphone its not working .please help.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

My action animations are still rotated and I can't rotate them back. I mean, they are with zero rotation applied in my settings but when playing it looks like a 15 degree. The character takes the action and gets rotated automatically to a fix position (it doesn't continuously rotate) And when I put -15 in the rotation (or what ever other value) it still stays the same. No one else with this problem?

7. blackswan

blackswan Avid Boxer

I tried downloading the demo, filled out the form but the submit button doesn't do anything :(

8. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Not a single crash today...fantastic thank you @Andy however...character animations for "jump" are not working on a device after an export and test on device while, it does in the simulator. Unfortunately another did work that doesn't now issue.

9. sarath2300

sarath2300 Boxer

Buildbox 2.1.1 has two major issues,
    1. Ad networks are not working when i export from this version
    2. Atlas optimization doesnt work

please check it urgent...please it helps andy

10. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

I guess you mean these things don't work in 2.2.1
    - I can confirm that those two things don't work for me either, and I'm also in an urgent situation.
    - Atlas optimization doesn't work - it just freezes the BB - and you have to force-quit.
    - @Andy - will this be fixed soon?

11. sarath2300

sarath2300 Boxer

Andy please help us we are waiting for buildbox to slip back to 2.1.0 it is the best version by far..( next time help us to build a backup when every time we update..) and I request buidlbox team to update Promo video recording the screen that can increase the sales of buildbox...like recording game ...and making a video like promo...one

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Not yet, should be only a couple weeks.

Working on this presently, should have something within a few days.

Will check this out over the next week.

Do we have an example BBDOC showing the issue? Please let me know the ticket number. Otherwise the issue it not 100% clear to me.

I will check this out, if you have opened an issue let me know the ticket number.

Are you using Windows? We did fix one issue with optimization freezing on Windows in a certain case. You can send your example BBDOC to support@buildbox.com (or let me know ticket numbers so I can check).

13. jonhsmithha9

jonhsmithha9 Boxer

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

@Andy, I can't reproduce it with a new game. It's just like that in my own game. But I'm very uncomfortable with sending my entire game to support. What do you suggest shall I do?

15. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

What about removing all the graphics and levels etc and then send it? I understand your concern, but this is the official buildbox support we're talking about :) Even if your game is released, anyone can copy it by remaking it in BB :p

Christoph likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The thing is that it's still not finished. And I'd like to keep it privately until I'm very close to publish it. :(

17. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

What about recording a video of your problem?

Christoph likes this.
  18. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Well, You can duplicate your template and add prototype graphics in a new one and send it. if you wont how would you get it solved ?

Christoph likes this.
  19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Uff... I finally could replicate it. It actually has to do with the rotation of the character. The action now takes automatically the rotation of the character instead of respecting the values from the action animation. I hope this was not intentional because I can imagine that in some cases it is pretty cool that it does that. But in my case it is really bad. The Ticket number is #47797 @Andy. Hope you can take a look.

And thanks guys for pushing me hard. :D

20. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@Andy Atlas editing (optimizing and rebuilding) is broken in 2.21.

rizwanashraf and Christoph like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.