Sent my game screenshots to ketchapp, Can they steal it?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by nayamamarshe, Jun 18, 2016.

1. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

I've sent my game's screenshots to KetchApp. The concept is really great. I've not sent gameplay video. But still, I fear, Can they steal my game idea?

2. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

@nayamamarshe With all that being said, why did you send them the game?

3. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

They have the power to use the idea and put it into their games since your are showing them ur game, that´s no question, but we should take risks though. If they steal it there´s nothing we can do since we cannot prove they stole our idea.
    I sent my game to a very well known publisher some weeks back, got rejected, and this week my game´s gameplay became a game mode inside their very potential game. I feel sad honestly, i admit it, but there´s nothing I can do. We cannot compete with them, so I´ll just keep working on my game and accept defeat i guess.

As the creator of Trivia Crack, a friend of mine, said once: "you gotta make the best product. The trivia game that is 80% crap earns nothing while Trivia Crack earns everything"

nayamamarshe likes this.
  4. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Well, Can't google help us then?

5. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

I have to, I don't have a developer account, nor the money to get one.

I've sent my game to these publishers,

Ketchapp
    Fortafy Games
    Chillingo
    Appsolute Games
    BulkyPix
    NexxStudio

And Screenshots were shared too...

Why the heck they don't reply Emails! Its been 2 days already since I sent them.

6. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

uhmm notice most of them state that they only reply to you once your game is selected. And as regards the 2nd one, they´ve not released new games for a long time since then. They are keeping retention of the players by adding new game modes based on different existing games out there, my poor zigzag game just became one of their game modes!! T.T

nayamamarshe likes this.
  7. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Looks like your Ideas have been robbed.

8. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

But honestly speaking, i cannot blame them, since the zigzag gameplay already existed so sooner or later it was going to come out as a game mode from them, so i doubt they robbed any ideas lol

What´s ur new game about?

nayamamarshe likes this.
  9. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Well, the game is called NinJump.
    I'll post some screenshots and gameplay video real soon. ;)

10. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

DId you hire an artist?

11. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

No, I made all the art myself.
    Its simple art though.

12. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Dude, with all respect if I was a publisher I would not even reply to screenshots. I would probably get 100 demos from game makers all around the world, maybe more. It takes so much effort to select "that one", the one that has huge potentials... You cannot spend too much time on games that are not ready yet. You cannot spend much time on games that has too many problems and not 100% or 150% polished. If it was only few screenshots possibly just would consider it as a spam and move forward to the next one.

Any btw why would a publisher need to steal your game? If it is already done and ready to publish, plus you want business with them, they would not bother spending time and effort stealing the idea. They would just would use you and your game to gain profit. Faster turnout and relatively easy compared to actually making the game...

Once you release the game there will be plenty of others who will steal it and there is nothing you can do about it. Search for "Color Switch" on AppStore and PlayStore and you will see... Before that there was no similar title and game play and graphical design... But it was not Fortify who stole it, that is for sure...

russellartista and nayamamarshe like this.
  13. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

Yeah, You're absolutely right.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion here.
    I sent screenhots because Ketchapp says so. They don't ask for APK or IPA first, they ask for screenshots or gameplay.
    Thanks anyway.

14. skhotoveli

skhotoveli Boxer

15. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer