Audio Bug on 2.1.0 - Audio Restarting When Changing Scenes

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Phill Mason, May 26, 2016.

1. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey folks, I've just noticed that the audio clip I've placed into the 'World UI' for my in-game music is being re-triggered at the beginning of every scene. The loop is around 56sec long and when I move from scene to scene, it starts again from the beginning. Doesn't make any difference if 'loop music' is checked or not, it still has the same error. Can you guys check this please? Thanks.

The audio for Click and Release sound on my move buttons work perfectly, so no issues there. I have only just started playing around with audio in V2.1.0, so I'll report any other findings if they crop up.

2. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

I'm having the same issue but between UI transitions. I have music set up in Main Menu UI for the entire game. But each time i go back the Main Menu UI it just starts from the beginning.

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yep, I can confirm this. But probably this is intended. BB1 worked different in this regard, that's for sure.

I also still have problems with sounds repeating themselves within the game. For example an action sound gets repeated and repeated again and again playing instead of the start sound of objects (platform) sounds. This is a bug and does not always happen. But it mostly does when the player progresses through my game.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

This is because everytime a UI is loaded the music loads as well. The whole setup is completely different from BB1, not even really comparable. For the short term you can create a "fake" main menu (loaded by the Start node), the use the "real" main menu for the remainder. Something like this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fzvfrozk8dthio/Screenshot 2016-05-31 15.15.32.png?dl=0

In the future we will probably have an option to put the music on that Start node that will repeat endlessly until other music is encountered.