Buildbox + Microsoft + Vungle Promotion

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Buildbox, May 18, 2016.

1. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Buildbox has joined forces with Microsoft and Vungle to bring a $500 promotion for customers who export their 2.1.0 games to the Windows 10 Desktop Store.

We're very excited to be working with Microsoft to bring access to a platform with more than 300,000,000 active devices. In the near future we will also have more information about exporting your Buildbox games to Xbox One and Windows Mobile.

Read this post for more details and how you can take part in this promotion.

2. Declan Emery

Declan Emery Boxer

My latest title is currently pending publication thanks BB team for this opportunity

blackswan likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@Declan Emery Wow, cool. This is the first one I have heard of. Way to get a jump on this! ;-)

Declan Emery likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Nice promotion to bring more developers to Microsoft. ;)

I ask this again, what games can be submitted to the Microsoft store? Portrait or only landscape? Does it make sense to submit portrait games? Is this only for Windows 10 or also for Xbox and Mobile? Would be good to get these answers. You certainly don't want to spam the store with games that do not fit.

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Any orientation should be a candidate.... I think landscape would be easier. For right now it's Windows 10 x86 only. Primarily desktops. Obviously I would test your game to make sure it's a good experience for customers... same as you would do for any platform.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What happens if a user puts a portrait game in full screen mode? Does it get distorted or letterboxed on the left and right side?

7. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

comicsmathias likes this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, some portrait games just don't work in landscape... like the one I have. But do you think on device (in this case PC) the screen behaves the same? Would be ugly if the buttons (with stick to edge enabled) go all the way to the sides... honestly I don't think this happens once the game is exported... @Andy for sure knows more.

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I believe exports are a standard 4:3 aspect for now. We hope to make a few more options. Best thing to do if your interested if to try it out and send us some feedback on what you think should be changed. The more interest we get in this export the more updates it will get.

Christoph likes this.
  10. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

Wondering how people are doing with the Windows app store. I dabbled on it a couple of years ago and was making a couple grand a month pretty quickly with a few paid apps but I let it go after I sold an app business I had at the time. Seems like it should still be good since their app store is a lot less crowded right now and Windows 10 is being better received than Windows 8. Would like to hear any stories of success. Thanks

11. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

12. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Did anyone notice that Vungle ads on Windows 10 desktop are linked to the iTunes store? Anyone have a Windows Phone to test the ads there?

13. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I tested on a windows 10 desktop and it seems to be working perfectly.

14. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I created a game for windows today and am now having this problem. If I click on the ad it opens an iTunes listing in the web browser instead of going to the Windows store. I double checked my Vungle entry and its setup for Windows.

15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Most likely it's a Vungle problem, I would contact them. Might be a particular advertiser that is confused. :)

Also, make sure you tell them the advertiser if it's a specific ad you are seeing this with. Will help get it solved quicker.

16. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I set the app to "Active" in Vungle and it worked properly after that.

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, may be has to do with their testing mode.

18. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi,
    We have submit our Game to Windows and get some feedback from Review Team about Certification.

App Policies: 10.5.1 Privacy Policy:
    In addition, your privacy policy must be accessible from your app at any time.
    Additionally, apps that receive device location must provide settings that allow the user to enable and disable the app's access to and use of location from the Location Service API. For Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1 apps, these settings must be provided in-app. For Windows Mobile 10 apps, these settings are provided automatically by Windows within the Settings App (on the Settings->Privacy->Location page).

We are still new in Windows Submission Process, and we still did not find any clear submission process available that we could follow for first time. So we will lear hard and longer way.

For App Policies above - do we need to have that on our App like PP Page, or we can add button for Privacy Policy on our Website. Do one App Policy effect all Apps or we need separate for each App?
    On iTunes, Play Store, Amazon App we have one Privacy Policy for all of our Apps and its accessible threw link in description file.

For Device Location, do we need to remove this, or w can just addd some text lines in description file about it?

If someone have some experience with this we would really appreciate help in this.

Thank you all.

19. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I think they want you to have a web page that the store links to with a privacy policy.

20. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

So the Windows store for desktop apps doesn't have a game center or leaderboard? Is that correct?