Buildbox roadmap

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by dxuuz, May 19, 2016.

1. dxuuz

dxuuz Boxer

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Bildbox license and I'm wondering if there is something like a roadmap with what features are planned for the next versions.

Greetings

2. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

3. dxuuz

dxuuz Boxer

Thanks for linking to this interview.

I was thinking more of an official roadmap to get a better overview of what's planned with Buildbox.

4. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Lets be real. The best way to make a decision is NOW - because any future road map is a 'maybe' at best and subject to change.

Check out these links of Buildbox games already built, and decide if that is enough capability for you.

https://www.buildbox.com/all-stars/
    https://www.buildbox.com/showcase/

If the capability shown in developing these games isn't sufficient, I wouldn't buy. If it is sufficient, then the improvements that come along with the future development of the software is 'gravy.' IMHO

Good Luck!

5. dxuuz

dxuuz Boxer

This is not really an answer to my question. Ist just marketing bla bla.

I'm not asking what is possible now, I already know that. – I'm asking for the future of Buildbox and what I can expect coming within the next 12 months.

This is not required for my dicision, We already decided, but it would have been nice if we got a good answer on that question.

6. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@dxuuz First, your post clearly says you are CONSIDERING buying - not that you made a decision already. Second, my post is not marketing, it clearly says that your decision should be made on what is known, NOT what may be promised. Please don't ask a question and then insult an answer that someone has taken the time to share as 'marketing bla bla.' Good luck with your business.

7. dxuuz

dxuuz Boxer

Yes, at the time I posted my question, I was still considering.
    You just advertised Buildbox, so for me it sounds like "marketing bla bla".
    But anyways, your post did not answer my question, so I'm asking myself why did you spend time writing and posting it.

I have a different point of view on that. Indeed you should know whats coming when you sign a contract for 12 months.

8. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@dxuuz Let me answer the second half of your post a little more directly then, since the subtlety appeared to be missed. No published road map. No guaranteed list of features coming.

You could ask them more specific questions directly at support@buildbox.com

SuperVudu likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The official reponse is that we don't publish a roadmap, never have. We've just barely reached 2.0 and will spend quite a bit of time bug fixing, refining and getting the trial version out. Along with a bunch of other "under the hood" updates that are sorely needed. If you read the blog, follow Trey on Facebook or even just read his posts here there may be some hints of the future. But I can assure you that nothing is written in stone.

SuperVudu, comicsmathias and dxuuz like this.
  10. dxuuz

dxuuz Boxer

Andy, thanks a lot for your reply.

11. a5l

a5l Boxer

@Andy BuildBox should have roadmap. With the current revenue that you have, I believe you must have a plan for the future of BuildBox. Even open source game engine have roadmap.

dxuuz likes this.
  12. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

I think its important to have a roadmap too. At least a basic guideline but nothing set in stone. This allows users to roughly understand what new features might be coming out. At the same time allows Buildbox to be flexible and adapt and change direction/roads if needed.