Disable Trail When Using Action

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by clin407, May 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. clin407

clin407 Boxer

I have an avoidance game and when I hit an action button, it changes the gameplay and speeds up the character. The character itself has a trail connected via connection mode (I didn't attach the trail within the default animation).

My question is this: is there a way to turn off/disable the trail temporarily for the duration of the action (which is set to 2 seconds)? For the game, it does not make sense to have the trail on when the action is in progress.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

if you do make it part of the default animation, I think this solves your problem, as the action animation replaces your character, the trail will be gone... i think

3. clin407

clin407 Boxer

Thanks for your response heathclose. I tried that but the problem is I have a move animation and each time I move my character it "restarts" the trail so there's a moment where you see the trail disappear and reappear. It does remove the animation from the action animation so that works but was hoping for a better solution..

One thing I noticed to, when attaching the trail within the default animation as opposed to connecting it to the character, the trail seems to start from the bottom left of the page then quickly position itself in the right spot. I've made a short gif showing the trail issue as well as the blinking of the tail when moving: https://gyazo.com/f214bed17c06166bf5bcdf5b62108028. Here's the animation attached to the character via a connector. See how it sort of grows as the character moves down? This is what I would like: https://gyazo.com/ea0c9a78578b9251ad61385c2b7919e8