SteamPunkSky. Android, iOS & Steam

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by stenturk, Mar 30, 2016.

1. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Good point.
    Also I will make it both android and iOS :D

2. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

The musicial tracks btw are from audiojungle. Composing music is not my thing (means I suck at it) :p

3. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Phill Mason likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I love the graphics but it is very hard to see obstacles and other objects on this video due to the lack of contrast. Maybe it is only me?

Wings n Armor likes this.
  5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

no i thought the same thing, the level is too dark, but more specifically what @trudnai said, it's a contrast issue

Wings n Armor likes this.
  6. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Both of you are right. It is dark, but I am playing around with the lighting/ contrast :)

7. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

How about SkyScream

8. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I do think the SteamPunkSky is a winner!

9. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

I agree concerning brightening the scenes

10. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I echo what's already been said here. The game and graphics look great, but way too dark.
    I think the background being dark is okay, as it adds to the mood and style of the game, you just need your character and obstacles to pop some more so folks don't get annoyed about constantly being hit by something they can't see very well. You're almost there - keep polishing :)

11. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Thnx @Wings n Armor for the suggestion and feedback. I think SPS (SteamPunkSky) is going to be a winner as well :D
    Thnx for the kind words @Phill Mason and yeah good suggestion. The world can be remain the same as long as the obstacles/ character is visible.

I am almost there alright :p

A whole other thing. I have seen the list of publishers, but what publisher has specific games in this genre? I mean not all publishers accept games (no matter how good they are) if they do not fit their portfolio/ profile.

Also a question to the successful boxers here, is it better to spend time in finding a good publisher that if they accept your game might drive millions of downloads but take a cut like 30-50% of the income. Because I was thinking doing it myself, spend time and money in a marketing campaign. What would you do?

Thnx

12. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Best thing to do is go to each publishers website and look at their portfolio. This will give you the best idea of the kind of games they usually publish. If you can land a publishing deal that you're happy with, then get the experience of that type of exposure, if the deal doesn't sit well with you, go it alone. There's no right or wrong, just what you feel in your gut, good luck.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  13. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Great game play except one issue, the obstacles are hardly seen so make obstacles more visible.

14. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Yep I understand the contrast is an issue :p

I will work on that, or I am working on it. Next time it will be better and more visible :)

15. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Another question, but I don't know in which category it belongs. So I ask it in my own topic.

I know "free" games with in app purchases general have more downloads, but revenue wise sometimes very low. Meaning you need a lot of downloads and people have to buy in game things to generate revenue. Most games do that but I see also plenty of examples of paid games (also in the millions of downloads) ranging from 0,99 to 3,16 (and more).

I am still in debate if I should make it a paid game or a free game.

16. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

So finally all the 6 worlds are done! The game is almost complete. Just need some adjustments here and there and then it is good to go.

You can check the demo video of all the 6 worlds on the link above. Tip* Make the video full screen and HD of course :p The lighting is better and you see the obstacles way better :)

Let me know :D

mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

To be honest, I still don't like how the character moves. It is probably only the rotation or because he looks to the screen and not towards the direction he is heading. Did you do some alternatives?

And the other thing I wanted to mention is that it's impossible to know what are enemies and what not because you have a lot of black elements which are not but others are. The blue level has some red enemies, I would do this constantly, put all enemies in red, or even better, make them appear like they are hot, burning metal. This way it would be easy to recognize them and it would look awesome with the rest of the game.

Being said that, the graphics look really great and the level design too. Congrats! Did you already contact publishers?

18. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Thnx, yes the character, I can not seem to get it to look right when going forward and left when going backwards. Since this is my first game made with BB. And my first serious game I am developing :)

The hot burning metal would be good for an update I think, so thanks for that suggestion. If there are any publishers on this forum who are interested let me know :p

And yes I mailed a few publishers. I don't know if its normal but the ones who replied are like 70-30 (70% for the publisher and 30% for me as a developer). I find that too much. I think a 50-50 is more fair? But like I said, perhaps a 70-30 for the publisher is normal?

19. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

The visuals in this rock!

70-30 is pretty normal for most publishers. However, you may find some (like Cherrypick) who offer 50-50.

20. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

Thnx @brakewind723

I see, well then again if the game make $10 million I still make 3 million :p

I still think I will try mailing a few publishers, if that does not work, I will do it myself :)