Have an infinite vertical scrolling

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by epimazzo, May 1, 2016.

1. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hi guys,

Need a clear light down here....

I'm developing a vertical scrolling game using a BG of 1136x640 in portrait mode. What I don't have a clue is why the screen moves in landscape mode repeatedly while it should go up as my character moves avoiding the objects during his way up.

I do not find anywhere where I set this or changes eventually this behaviour not even why as I set the portrait mode, it keeps going horizontally.

Any idea or tip?

Thanks a lot.
    Cheers

2. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

try playing with the tilting

epimazzo likes this.
  3. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hi Eyal,

You mean Tilling offset in properties? Sorry, where is this option?

thanks

4. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Just to point out that BG I'm using is a detailed and realistic background of a snow trail right in the middle of trees and forest on sides. The screen should scrolls down repeatedly in portrait mode, but it keeps scrolling horizontally in landscape mode. I'm stuck on it trying to find where the hell I have to change the parameter.

In project settings, portrait mode is enabled and I also blocked (yellow) the boundaries (right/left) but left top/down block in grey.

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

this has to do with game direction. play with 90 or -90 and other settings to see how this affects your games movement

epimazzo likes this.
  6. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

As far as I understand, BB can't be scrolled vertically. Need Andy to confirm about this. @Andy, am I correct ?

epimazzo likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Scrolling can happen in any direction. Either gameplay, backgrounds or both.

epimazzo likes this.
  8. Roberto P

Roberto P Boxer

This tripped me up as well. I'm not sure if this is the correct way of doing it, but I rotated my background image 90 degrees. Then after importing into BuildBox, I rotated it -90 degrees. Now the background scrolls down.

epimazzo likes this.
  9. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

haha, very good trick, you know what ? you save me tons of time

epimazzo and Roberto P like this.
  10. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Hey guys,

Thanks for all inputs. I decided to move on to a parallel game with other action. I'll back into this one later on. One thing I'm currently facing is every time I add a character, he keeps jumping, jumping and jumping even if I do not add any kind of animation. Any idea why or where I should adjust this setting?

thanks for it.

11. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

I know this. You are setting the bounce force of the character. The bounce force makes the character bounce when collide with platform object, just like the ball bounce off touching the ground. If you want the character only jump when press a button, please set the jump force (or ghost jump if you are developing an iso game). Hope this help

epimazzo likes this.
  12. epimazzo

epimazzo Boxer

Thanks mmo822011:)

I figured out a bit by playing with Jump fields. You need to practice until find the correct parameter to use.

Hugs;)