How can I make UI Screen scrollable in portrait mode ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mmo822011, Apr 7, 2016.

1. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Hi Guys

I have a jump game which is in portrait mode. I have an UI Screen that have many items and laid out in vertical direction. My problem is the screen unscrollable. How I can I make the UI screen scrollable in vertical. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

In Settings -> Gameplay you can drag the area where your character can stay and by clicking on those lines you can change the behavior what happens when your character reaches the edge of that area... Gray mean your scene will scroll, so if you have a portrait setup typically only the top and/or bottom is gray but you can change that to left and right:
    Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 10.14.42 AM.png
    You may also want to adjust the Side Del Threshold in Advanced Gameplay Settings so objects on the side will not be deleted when too far from the sides of the screen...

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 10.19.18 AM.png

mmo822011 likes this.
  3. viking

viking Avid Boxer

hi
    this is not possible yet

mmo822011 likes this.
  4. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Yes, I think so. I'm working around this by having many UI screens that navigate through by back and forward button. Thanks @viking and @trudnai for posting your solution

5. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Cool, this is not what applied to UI screen, it's just applied to Game Field screen. Yet, you make me clear about that square on the Game screen. Thank you!!!!!!

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Oops, I have overlooked the UI portion of your post, sorry :)

7. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

@viking, Hey are you sure this is not possible yet? Colour Switch's UI functions this way (check under Challenges or races)
    @Machine Rises, Please help, how did you get the UI to scroll up & down (vertical)
    @Andy, Some pro advice please?

Cheers,

8. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

i think color with has now been re-built with different software, Thats why it can do it.
    Not yet possible in BB i think.

9. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

Hey, Im not really sure if @Machine Rises changed his software and rebuilt the game, but I think he just used the "Swipe Button" to scroll up and down.
    @TreySmith previously mentioned the "Swipe Button" in his first walk through video on (around 7:50secs)... but I can not find the button in the final version of BB2.

@Andy, please help, where is the "Swipe Button"? see attached image.

Attached Files:

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The swipe button is delayed for a few releases due to time, it is still coming for sure.

11. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

@Andy, Thanks for the response again.
    Maybe you have another work around.... under our Shop UI, we created a UI screen that has 18 "Single Unlock" character buttons, these are stacked 3 in a row across and 5 in a column high, the problem we have is that we cannot scroll up/down to view the other characters.
    Is there anything else we can do? How is Color Switch able to do this i.e scroll up/down vertically within their challenge mode UI screens.

Thanks,
    Reegan

12. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Color Switch was redeveloped into custom code by Eyebox Games after it hit #1. The work around is to make it all fit on a single screen. In Rebound we fit I think 30 character on a single screen. We just used a smaller icon for each one..

13. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

@Andy
    Thanks man, smaller icons is only a temporary fix.
    Our character amount will grow within the next two weeks to beyond 30+ and we are currently building levels in our challenge mode and I'm pretty certain that we may encounter the same problem in the level selector UI.

Do you guys think, maybe you could come up with a solution within the next two weeks? or get the swipe button in by then?
    n.b. Actually! I'm just guessing about the swipe button and I'm not even sure it will solve our dilemma.

14. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, I don't know that swipe will actually help you. If you want more characters why don't you use the character multiple unlock object (previously called the character selector)?

15. happydays

happydays Boxer

Hello, did anyone manage to figure this out, I have over 20 worlds to select from and would love to fit them all on one ui. I've used multiple ui in other projects but it doesn't look as pretty as a scrolling one would.