Objects Disappear in Platform Game

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GhostRadish, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GhostRadish

GhostRadish Boxer

When you move your character between scenes, and then backtrack to a previous scene, objects in the in that scene have disappeared. I was really hoping this would be fixed in Beta 5. :(

2. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

You mean in Preview when you walking front/back? your objects that passed is disappearing? We have deletion threshold in Settings. might be this case

GhostRadish likes this.
  3. GhostRadish

GhostRadish Boxer

Awesome! Thank you, @NikRudenko. I set the deletion threshold to some insane number like 999999999.00 and it worked. I'm very happy now.

Just curious, do you know if those numbers mean anything? Maybe a measurement in pixels?

4. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Awesome. I'm glad it worked out for you.

GhostRadish likes this.
  5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I'm pretty sure it's pixels

GhostRadish likes this.
  6. GhostRadish

GhostRadish Boxer

7. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Be careful setting this threshold too high. My understanding of it is, you only want to set it high enough to enable you to go back and still see the objects/platforms etc in that scene you want to go back to. There is a reason the default setting is so low (350 and 550) it's because the higher you set this threshold, the more memory will be consumed by the game. This may result in glitching, slowing down etc. The busier your game, the more strain you put on the users device, as you are asking the device to keep all graphics in memory in case you need to go back as opposed to deleting those assets and freeing up memory.

Try a setting that allows some backtracking, but not too much. If your scenes are 500 px, then allowing 1500 pixies would effectively allow you to go back 3 x scenes worth. Hope that all makes sense?

heathclose likes this.