Final routing for new game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by TreySmith, Mar 24, 2016.

1. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Thought I would share this with you guys. This is the final routing for my new game with Buildbox 2.0. My goal was to push as far as I could with UI structure. This one is called Rebound and it's my "Phases" for BB2.0.

It's a large game and includes:
    • 4 different game modes
    • 475 different scenes in total
    • 30 unlockable characters
    • Biggest in game economy we've built
    That last point is a big one and something I'm very curious about testing. We have options for using in game currency to unlock characters, game modes, skip levels and more. There is a lot of content here and I'm excited to see how it does with the "stickiness" of the game.

Once we've released I will shoot a video walkthrough on how I built all of this. I designed all the scenes myself (yes, I'm going crazy... about to throw the computer out the window).

Also, for you guys making stage clear style games, you'll be happy to know we've added some great functions to the unlock button for Beta5. We've added a new option called Next Scene which will automatically find the next scene, trace back the button linking to it, and then unlock it. You can also make it automatically load the next scene upon press. In short, this means if you want to create a stage clear style game (like Pac-Man or challenges in Color Switch), now you don't have to make a ton of game worlds. Instead, you can make each scene in your game a "level". They can all share the same game over screens and game won screens. Pretty cool. No firm date yet on Beta5 release, but shooting for next week.

Check out the routing and try to follow the flow. It gets pretty crazy from Game Modes > Levels.

[​IMG]

2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Watching this thread :)

3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Excellent stuff @TreySmith on the stage-clear tweak for Beta 5, I'm currently using multiple worlds for this exact feature, can't wait.
    Your UI structure is totally bonkers. Looking forward to following along on this one. BB2 is becoming a monster, congrats mate :)

Wings n Armor likes this.
  4. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Thanks @Phill Mason. You'll also be glad to know we added copying and pasting scenes between worlds. So you will be able to easily transfer all those individual world scenes into a single world.

5. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Brilliant, thanks.

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

OHHHH this is gonna be a big one for me... nice! Copy and paste ui would be great too @TreySmith

Wings n Armor and Dalton_Nekich like this.
  7. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

now THAT is great news @TreySmith :)

8. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

That image frazzles my mind. #epic!

9. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I will be really interested to see if you get this past the Apple review team.
    My last game update was steadfastly refused as I could not provide a method of restore for any characters unlocked with in-game currency!

10. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I actually had to maximize my browser screen to fit and view all that. Looking forward to seeing the game in action and being able to compare whats going on in the device and this Game Mind Map to fully understand how it all fits together.

11. CryoBox

CryoBox Boxer

I don't think I've ever been this astounded in my life, I am currently working on a game on BB trial but I had planned that if it worked out or was even mildly successful I'd get the 12month subscription and using BB2 work on a phase-inspired game (as I implied before) and make use of all the new features like paths and different worlds in BB2 to make an interesting game with unique levels. I was even 1000% set on naming it Rebound. I looked up synonyms for the word bounce a while ago and it was the absolute perfect name.

You are waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me, and on a much bigger scale, I look forward to playing this game. Keep up the wonderful work.

What a wake up call this is... The ultimate proof for me that one must work on what they have in mind quickly, specially when it comes to making games using this software.

Kind regards.

Wings n Armor and firedevil14 like this.
  12. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

OMG this is so much work! @TreySmith so cooooooooool! Congrates! Can't wait for the new powerful functions!

13. calmackay79

calmackay79 Boxer

Nice @TreySmith at first appearance it looks daunting, but once you read it all I'm really impressed with how neat and easy it is to follow.

14. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@TreySmith We have developed a game in BB2.0 beta version that was all about to release as a feature through one of the publisher but unfortunately we failed and the deal was set on hold just because of the reason that we haven't been satisfied with the response from the email support guys. Our issue was that the "Rewarded video for heyzap works only if user want to purchase coins and unlock character but we have placed functionality of Rewarded video to skip level but unfortunately the button sometimes appears and sometimes not". This issue has completely ruined not only the source of monetization but also our deal that was to be finalized and was on last stage with one of the publisher. Hopefully you guys would take this into as a prior account as we can't lose our deal and business due to such silly issues and no one can fill it by any means

15. dhawal_tamakuwala

dhawal_tamakuwala Avid Boxer

16. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

@TreySmith , that was awesome.

Waiting for multi-select...

Thanks for tha great stuff...

17. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@bmsingha

The rewarded video button only appears when there is a video available from the advertising network to show.

We work with many customers when they are going through publishing deals and are happy to accomodate if at all possible. It seems there was some miscommunication in this case as we were not aware you were working under a publishing deal. Also, we mentioned that you can add HeyZap mediation after export, this would help with advertising inventory. After this we did not hear back from you again and assumed that all was now OK.

We will email you via support and see if there is anything we can still do to help with this.

Wings n Armor and Sean Buildbox like this.
  18. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

No Andy, I had already mentioned Sean earlier via mail that please take this issue as a priority because it for the purpose of publishing deal. Secondary, I have do mailed finally that in this case as the rewarded video shows to your team when they check but not for me or the publishing team. So in that case it is a worst situation when we simply are waiting for a deliverable stable version where the deal needs to be cancelled anyhow. Still can you guys do us something for this game? Should we sent the bbdoc file to you?

19. singleclickstudios

singleclickstudios Boxer

Rebound Now Thats Something People Will Remember. Nice To Hear From You Guys. @TreySmith . Where's The SpiderMan , Tell Him That We Can Build Better Webs Than Him In BuldBox . Lol. Cool Guys Awesome. You Are Nailing This One.:);):D:rolleyes:

Wings n Armor and Ishamahes like this.
  20. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@bmsingha

After more investigation I see you have mailed us with several different email addresses on this issue. This is why I did not see that detail. The issue is spread out between several tickets and emails that I was unaware were related. We will contact you via support and see what else needs to be done for your case.