change enemy with power up ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by BossGames, Feb 29, 2016.

1. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

hey guys i was wondering if there is any way to change enemy rotation with a power up

or change any setting to do with an object such as scale, position, spawn rate, etc ......

any help would be really appreciated thanks

2. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

you can use transform logic and select your enemy as the effected object

3. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

hey first of all thanks for you replay and I agree with you for using logic to effect objects but I can't find anyway to effect objects with power up such as changing the object scale or position when power up is activated .

Honestly the extract thing I am look for is to change enemies scale when powerup is active and reset the scale when power up deactivate

Any feedback will be very great

Again thanks a lot

4. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

if you are trying to achieve "character collects powerup and enemie's sizes transforms" with BB:
    1)
    It isn't going to work with actions(powerups) as they effect only character, however you can try and experiment with gameplay settings.

2)
    the other way is without using action(powerup) and using more then one transform or optionally "menu jump"(in BB2) again you have two options

option1 - menu jump
    what you can do is simply create a menu jump button which looks like a powerup(place menu jump behind any decoration object) and when character touches it, take the character to a duplicate world where enemies have different sizes. you can select an end point for this level and take it back to default level. (you can keep this level hidden from main menu)
    although this should bring a delay when the level switches

option2 - transform

what you can do is use more then one transform logics, i.e. one to scale down/up(whatever you want) and other to scale back to original shape.
    Character wont need to collect any power up with this option but it can be implemented in accordance to distance of character

BossGames likes this.
  5. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

thanks for your feedback is much appreciated, after testing for few days i found your first suggestion to work best for me thanks

6. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

edit better way to slow down object with power up is adding action and select gameplay and play around with max min speed for the character . and time warp for objects (i found 10 to work well for me) thanks

7. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

your welcome :)