Update Ruined Defeat Animation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by creative_projectss, Feb 25, 2016.

1. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

Today I updated to B#898 and I want to report a very annyoing bug that occurs for both of the games I'm creating.It seems that the death animation just stops playing if you die after a certain distance yet it works if you die before that distance.
    After some tests I just did, it seems to stop working somewhere between 2500 - 3000 distance (I used score multiplier set to 1.0 to count this).
    There's no way I'm going to remove the death animations from my games, please do look into this and solve it asap as it delays the release date of my games.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    edwin_simonds likes this.
  2. creative_projectss

creative_projectss Boxer

Luckily I had an older version of buildbox (B#876) and I installed it to test this issue and it does work on an older version.Same document, different versions of buildbox.

3. tomass_sarts

tomass_sarts Boxer

This happens to me whenever I pres the (JUMP + DIRECTION BUTTON) + WHEN PLAYER DIE... Buildbox team should really handle the animations. BB2 Cannot handle animations . I think they should cancel other animations and character controls before proceeding to death animation. This is freakin' annoying. Although I know the cause of bug I always accidentally trigger it and make buildbox Crash.

4. edwin_simonds

edwin_simonds Boxer

Finding the same issue and about the same distance. It's working on the older version for me aswell

5. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Guys, please report the issues to support@buildbox.com with full details and sample BBDOC file. It's impossible to understand the issues without seeing the files. There are way to many possible differences in configurations to pinpoint anything here in the forum.