Purchased coins not displaying/IAP says successful

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by ajcoryat, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Hi
    I need a little help...
    I have set up two consumable iAPs. Purchase 5,000 coins and Purchase 10,000 coins in iTC.
    com.myname.gamename.5000
    com.myname.gamename.10000
    I am now at the stage of testing on the device.
    When I click and make the purchase with my test ID account. All seems to go well, it says that the purchase was successful. But the additional coins do not display, and the new Character can't be purchased because of insufficient coins (1,100 earned displays, 5,000 needed for purchase just isn't there).
    Note I have one character set at 50 coins to test without iAP and the other set at 5000 to test with iAP.
    What have I missed?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I have the opposite. The coins get added but the process of in-app purchase doesn't seem to work. At least it doesn't get to the point where it asks for the Apple ID.

Did you ad the ID to the purchase button? And did you link the purchase button to the action that 'gifts' you 5000/10000 coins?

3. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Make sure you tick the "Buy & Use" option. Most likely this is the setup issue. :)

ruhm64 and stevinz like this.
  4. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Still having a few issues with iAP set-up for the coin shop. When you have the image linked to the Action (on top right) I'm getting marginal increases of 5 & 10 coins (the coin values that were set up). When it is set as an iAP (drop down menu choice on right of screen), and "buy and use", no coin field appears for purchase amount, only iAP ID field ( e.g.: com.myname.gamename.5000). When set as game currency, the "coin purchase value" field appears but the iAP ID field disappears. So... I guess I'm doing something wrong there. :(
    Do I need to set up different Action images rather than the ones that the character collects? Or does it have to ben something else.
    @moderator BB really needs to do a video on this set up of iAPs in greater detail, especially as some of the navigation has been updated since the first release of BB

rolandruth likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

a) import an action png. It can be anything. Use something small.
    b) set up the action as a coin. Put 5000 as a reward.
    c) go to the menu and import a purchase button.
    d) set up the the Action Selection to your imported action.
    e) In the advanced options select Buy and Use. Then the Purchase Method to In App Purchase. Put the ID from iTunes Connect.

This is it. It should now work...

6. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Thanks Christoph. You know, I was just going to post that I had figured it out and write just what you put.
    I just tested the game with the changes as described in your post and it worked beautifully. :)

7. rolandruth

rolandruth Boxer

I'm having a very similar issue that ajcoryat was having.

What reward are you talking about? I don't see anything that says reward.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

8. rolandruth

rolandruth Boxer

ahhhhhh never mind I was looking at the action button / purchase button screens when i should have been looking at the main screen on the left in the dropdowns. Thanks anyway!

9. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I tried a few different ways with mine and I only got the "successful purchase" sound to go off. It did not let me Unlock any characters nor did it add 100 coins to my Total Coins every time I hit it. I know I had it work for continues in the 30 day challenge.

Here is what I did...
    I was just about to look for more threads on this. I swear I used to be able to hit the button to purchase coins in the BB simulator and the coins would just rack up. But it is not doing that for me in this one.

Steps I followed from before...
    Take the image you want to use for your button and make it an action and name it accordingly.
    On the Shop screen, place that button and set it as Action Selection: coin-buy and Type: Action
    Am I doing it right?
    http://imgur.com/a/OwcMM