Buildbox crash. Not possible to reopen the same file?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by theoleguina, Feb 16, 2016.

1. theoleguina

theoleguina Boxer

I have had issues with Buildbox crashing (An unexpected error occured), and when I re-open it, I have a choice to load the previous session. However this never works, and I end up having to do all the work over again from the previous saved file.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I just have to start saving after each level i make? What are your methods on working with the crashes? Or does this only occur to me?

Please share your experiences so we can hopefully get rid of this VERY annoying problem!

2. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@theoleguina A weird crash I get is when I am previewing the game, and the preview window is OVER the open BB window, it frequently crashes. Don't know why. So I keep my preview window on my second monitor. Also, I always save after a key point (like i have just added something that was a pain that I don't want to do again) and before every preview. Good Luck!

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

@JustWatchApps fir me preview only crashes when I open that up on a non-retina (aka Full HD) display instead on the internal monitor of the MacBook Pro. Once opened up the preview on the internal display, it will not crash on the external monitor, however, resolution is not good. For that need to hit the Restart button each time I re-open the preview window. Weird stuff, hope 1.3.6 will fix it.

4. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@trudnai I probably should have mentioned that the problem is when I use my PC (Windows10.)