Characters not appearing

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by cmcclellau, Feb 13, 2016.

1. cmcclellau

cmcclellau Guest

I only discovered BB 24hrs ago, so I'm still playing and learning.

I've been watching some videos and playing with initial concepts (basically following along and building the same game as in the video).

Initially, I could add a character and it appears straight away on the canvas (not really the correct term, but I hope you know what I mean) BUT now when I create a new app and add a character it doesn't appear on the canvas. It DOES appear on the left under the character dropdown; when I click on the character I get the full property list on the right, I just can't see it on the canvas in the middle.

I've tried zooming out fully and everything else I can think of.

I'm on OS X v.10.10.2 with BB v.1.3.5

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

can you right click on the box in the game scene (the canvas) and select bring to front? It sounds like your character is behind another asset and needs to come front and center

edit: or conversely, right click on any background you might have and send to back?

3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Have you tried dragging the character on to the scene/ canvas,
    from the left panel character dropdown.

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

you need to click the character and drag it into the scene

5. cmcclellau

cmcclellau Guest

Thanks guys, got it working now with suggestions from @playsgames6666 and @wesam_badr

@heathclose, it worked that way the first few times and then the behaviour changed to this, but I didn't have a background or a selection box for the character