Cant get restart button to work.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by stevendelarwelle, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. stevendelarwelle

stevendelarwelle Boxer

I have put a restart button on my "loser UI" and it clicks but doesn't do anything. I have it mapped to load "game screen"

2. stevendelarwelle

stevendelarwelle Boxer

Nevermind, it restarts the current screen. You have to use Back To, which is confusing.

3. Lazlow

Lazlow Boxer

Mine doesn't work either. Have "restart" in the Game Over UI, and while it does restart the game, the Game Over UI doesn't go away.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Back, Back To, Restart, Continue, etc... all need work to support the single UI (and daisy chained UI) connected to multiple worlds scenarios. It's possible you may need to delete and re-add these types of buttons if your working on an existing game.

This is one of our next tasks to get all the node linking working in all the possible different scenarios.

Lazlow likes this.
  5. bgwiss

bgwiss Boxer

hi Lazlow have you been able to resolve this issue?

6. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

Im having the same issue. I even tried remaking the ui but the restart/back to world doesn't do anything.
    the other issue is that the back to main menu works - but the game isn't playable after the first try.

someone told me it sounds like i have a iap hidden somewhere ... or something ... but i have no idea where. i've looked and looked and as far as i can tell - that's not the case.