Buildbox 2 - Early Access - BETA2 has arrived.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Andy, Jan 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@andreas_kviby
    B#872 for Mac and B#876 for Windows (check the about screen). The latest is always available at the download links you were provided when you received the license key.

2. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Hey
    Okey, why does the numbers differ between the two OS:es? Is it faster to work with Windows versions if you wanna get the latest? Can you please make sure there is a page somewhere which links the following?

Download B#871
    Download B#872

So we can download the version we think is the most stabile and the auto-download don't have to start when I visit that page?

Thanks for an awesome software.

/Andreas

3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Any reason why some presets are still not enabled?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@andreas_kviby Only reason for the differences in numbers was because we did a hotfix for windows due to a critical issue. We are only distributing the latest BETA version and only via the single download link. Other versions are not available.

@sysads because they are not ready yet for various reasons, some may be affected by recent changes Trey has requested.

5. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Thanks

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

It's been 2 weeks since the last beta which came out 2 weeks after the first. Just sayin' :)

7. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

Hmmm. I was really hoping to see beta 3. One of my issues appears to be fixed in beta 3 according to Sean Who appears to have an internal copy. So we know there is a beta3.

8. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hi,

When exactly will be the official release? Is a month in 2 days from now since early access started and 2 months delay from the marketing advertising which was just a hot news but unfortunately software is not working as it should.

I am ok with doing beta testing and sending comments but not on my money. People are getting paid to do beta testing for software and not the other way around. Is fine in the end to have 1 month, but now is getting frustrating. I got a software that I cannot run at full potential. Is like having a ferarri that speeds only like a bicycle?

I will cancel my subscription and ask for refund for remaining 10 months, Will get back if software will be as promised, if this will ever happen.

Right now we have BB2.0 working as BB1.3.5 with a new interface. I got bb2.0 just because sounded awesome in demo video , BB 1.3.5 did not convinced me at all.

Hope still the team will do the best and deliver the software that they promised for 1k a year, and so meaning this month not on Christmas 2016.

John

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    john_mcmillan, Nick H and mlamers like this.
  9. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

@creativesoffice we feel the same but BuildBox is not issuing refunds. We already asked. Felt slighted by all the features and game settings advertised that are not in the release. Lesson learned for the next purchase I suppose.

We've also shelved it since its unreliable at best. Feel like we were bait and switched a bit. It seems like they jumped the gun on this product.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Nick H likes this.
  10. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I will wait for a little hoping that they care about the business and not only getting some software half way done, making quick lots of $$$ and after. I read lots of nasty stuff about this and how they did with BB Master collection, and other 2 software that were the same, different names. I thought that those were still rumors and cannot be all true but it seems that it is somehow. All great cheap talk and noting on delivery.

I assume we will need to proceed legally. On my behalf I have screenshots, video recordings and all that crappy not working software, just with a beautiful interface that does not work the cost. I paid for a working software which unfortunately i cannot use. Will leave it to the legal department and product consumer laws that applies in this case. if the guys don't wake up. If anyone interested to join in the legal side please let me know.

Ps: Wake up guys and deliver what @trey promised with such beautiful empty words. ( I am really pissed of right now)

Attached Files:

Nick H likes this.
  11. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey guys,

First off we can sympathize with your frustrations. We are very hard at work to get the software implemented with features and fix bugs inside of it for a release of Beta 3 for this week after we fix a few critical issues. Any new or bugs if not reported as always report to support@buildbox.com. We value our customers and want to see nothing but all of you succeed in your game making endeavors.

12. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I have heard enough kind words and the right policy. We want only the software we paid off for, that's all, nothing more, nothing less. No beta 3, beta 4, beta 5 until middle of the year if that will ever will happen.

Bugs are the same as before on Beta 2, teleport does not work, i sent posts here and everywhere, no reply and no fixes. What was fixes is not even close to a real functional software.

WE ALL WANT THE OFFICIAL VERSION AND NO MORE BETA X VERSIONS to enjoy software like we should. We paid for it, was not FREE.

I sent enough feedback and I had enough of doing testing for you when you should had that before releasing any version on market.

I am very supportive and excited about the software but don't want to be fooled, I am not stupid and won't accept a software that I paid for 1k to be like that.

When the OFFICIAL VERSION will be RELEASED?

Nick H likes this.
  13. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

There was an impression given that bets was going to be short (like a month) before it became available for official release.

Filled with regret.

Nick H and tweettopix like this.
  14. GoMaas

GoMaas Boxer

Hey CreativeOffice,

Look I am also not happy with paying for a software that "doesnt work". However, lets be honest even though it didn't pay off on all its promesses it does make things much easier for those that don't know how to code. If you listened to the promo video correctly BB2 is scheduled for release in Q1 2016 that means untill march so stop treating February which was an internal deadline for the official deadline. So dont get too anxious and enjoy the software you already have which is functional to its core product proposal which is that of making game design code free (I mean I needed 1 line for android to publish my first game).

That being said if you still want to rant do that by email with the support staff because honestly I only watch this thread to see if there is a new version out and people complaining about the lateness. But to threaten legal action etc... is unnecessary, not to mention that if you read the about page. BuildBox is a 15 people team splitting their time between coding their own apps and creating buildbox so I honestly think that anything they post in here other than the announcement of BB3 or official version is just us making them waste time. Lets just let them work and wait for the next version. Last but not least if you are unhappy with the software you can always download a free trial of unity or other competitors and learn how to code to use it properly. Otherwise just let them work and wait to see what they have next week (Which honestly if the critical bugs are not corected I will most like also join the rant here :p)

Cheers

Lazlow and steve like this.
  15. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Hi Guys, it seems this thread has run it's course. If you want to continue this discussion please email support@buildbox.com and we are happy to assist.

Buildbox 2.0 would have been released by now if we did not add features and changes that customers have been requesting. This feedback is the whole goal of the Early Access program and we will have more robust software because of this extended wait time. Also, we will have a new version of the Buildbox 2.0 beta released this week with many fixes.

Finally, this software is not publicly available and when you purchased a Buildbox Subscription, you are purchasing Buildbox 1.3 that comes with Early Access to Buildbox 2.0. While I can not give specific dates on when Buildbox 2.0 will be completed, I can tell you we have stopped adding features and are focused solely on bug fixing at this point in time.

16. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

The BB team should not take all comments here personal as it will make or break the business. The key thing is some people sacrificed a lot of money because they trust in your product so not meeting once expectation results in lots of mix feelings as we see here.

I agree with @mnodl that @creativesoffice is taking this too far but I also think @creativesoffice has rights to express his feelings.

Recently after been disappointed by the v2 release, I just had to step back a bit from the forum to focus for now what I was good at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.